I need a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on what you like, I have some suggestions:

Strategy: Simcity 4... Hearts of Iron (if you like EU2)...

Action: Battlefield1942 + BF1942Road to Rome (great online play)

Sports: Madden 2003 (best football game out there), NHL 2003 (likewise... best NHL game)
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I already have bf1942, I cant play it online though. my connection is too crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

For me, zero. That's why I don't use flat landscapes and build in huge monotonous grid.
        I find trying to recreate where you live quite amusing, see where the simulation reckons all the crime should be, etc..
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I doubt anyone will be playing SC4 for more than another month........the openendness is ok for a bit but after a while you need some motivation to carry on playing.....thats my take anyway, but I am a prominent Sim-basher I guess.

For games Warcraft3 if you haven't played it was my game of last year......Medieval Total War is also good. For a more action feel UT2003 is worth a look.

Comment

Go Spikie ! Bash those who worship the false idols of Sim games !

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
              Go Spikie ! Bash those who worship the false idols of Sim games !

-Jam
              Hehe my recent 'I hate sim games' thread generated a lot of response..........not all of it entirely relevant mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                I doubt anyone will be playing SC4 for more than another month........the openendness is ok for a bit but after a while you need some motivation to carry on playing.....thats my take anyway, but I am a prominent Sim-basher I guess.
                I'd take that bet. City building, railroad building, positive construction is something I like to return to periodically between bouts of destroying the enemy in TBS of all kinds.

For games Warcraft3 if you haven't played it was my game of last year......Medieval Total War is also good. For a more action feel UT2003 is worth a look.
                My only criticism of M:TW is that the diplomacy is a joke and once you get big moving all the spies, diplomats, bishops and peripheral stuff around gets incredibly tedious. The battles themselves are fun but against the AI standard tactics will win all but the most heavily outnumbered battles (and other clever tactics are unlikely to save you then.)
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

I empathise with your MTW point.........after playing the campaign in STW a lot I didn't bother with the MTW campaign too much. But there are custom battles and more importantly MP.

Comment

Spikie, when I get my new connection I have to take you on at M:TW. Its practically your fault that I'm playing this game so much. (Nearly gave up after getting repeatedly hammered)

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Yeah np........I am not actually playing MTW any more.......I'm back to Warcraft3, but I am sure we can work something out.

Comment

Well, I'm on another "please just wait two weeks or so..." Germany really is a "no-service culture" they know that you'll pay, but then you have to wait... and wait...

Maybe I should practice my skills with the old undead

-Jam

Comment

Well if you are on Northrend look me up. I am Dr5pike, and usually in the GBR channels if I am online.

Btw I am usually orc, and orc>undead.

Comment

I take it that you're on a civilised time zone, hmm? Its a pain playing SMAC with Americans. You end up very tired, and they are still fresh. Why can't we all be on GMT? Australians would just have to go to work in the dark.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                              Australians would just have to go to work in the dark.
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

WC3 sux0rz
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X