X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamski
    *Sigh*

Or shall I tell you all at the beginning of the game who the mafiosi are?
    probably the only way we'll ever actually catch them with clues...
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
      What about if people miss entire games? There is a longer list of people who want to play mafia than we can accommodate in one game. You could maybe have an average score per game to rank people by. HongHu doesn't make it into each game, rah has missed a couple, and I don't play in them all, but we've all played enough to merit entry into some kind of mafia competition.
      That I like... kind of a Mafia Hall of Fame.

Edit: Just thinking though, on this point system... we need some way for the mafia to not be punished for not voting for themsevles... I mean, you get a point for correctly voting for the mafia, but wait... that means voting for myself! No points for me! (or less chance of getting the points, at least, with only one mafia left to vote for.)
      Last edited by FlameFlash; May 14, 2004, 11:11.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Tuberski and Ljcvetko will tie if everyone now votes the "detective", other wise Tuberski is soon to be deadski.

I'd say the mafia score a point for every round they're alive at the end of. The mafia might get lots of points that way though.
        Play hangman.

Comment

• Ljcvetko

And the problem with that setup, Ras, where you're punished for not voting is that if Jam closes the voting early due to a landslide- reasonable to keep the game moving- it punishes people who were intending to vote a little later, but still on time in a normal day.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• Ljcvetko

M
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Well, I'm off to a party tonight. This vote will run till I get up in the morning. That's about another 12 hours or so.

Have fun, I won't.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowFire

And the problem with that setup, Ras, where you're punished for not voting is that if Jam closes the voting early due to a landslide- reasonable to keep the game moving- it punishes people who were intending to vote a little later, but still on time in a normal day.
                The people not voting due to an early closing of the voting should not be punished but should receive 0 points. Only the people not voting during a normal cycle must be punished. The punishment should be a warning first time, and then 1 point for second failure to vote, then 2 points for third and so on.

The incentive to search for clues should be +5 points for the first who names the mafia in his vote and supports it with clues found in Jamski's stories.

Comment

• Take the scoring discussion to a new thread.
                  More voting here.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I never trusted that shifty one-eyed scoundrel, Tuberski.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                      Take the scoring discussion to a new thread.
                      More voting here.
                      Done pop on over and discuss it there folks...

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Tuberski

Comment

• It's death row for you Tuberski. Straight to hell

Comment

• Yep, its curtains for old pegleg...

Chapter 7 - in Which We Serve

Ljcvetcko encouraged the town and the pirates to vote for Tuberski, and with some success. Many believed in his detective work. Many, however, thought he was trying to deflect the blame for the killings away from himself, and onto the innocent half-crippled helmsman.

After the votes were counted and collected, it was clear that although the race was close, Tuberski was the one that would pay the ultimate price. He was taken to the town square and hung by the neck until dead.

"I always knew he'd come to a bad end," said Zopperoni, brushing his beard.
                            "Aye," commented Spaced Cowboy, shaking his bald head, "All ye pirate scum don't deserve no better, yer killers!"
                            "Are ye lookin' fer trouble, landsman?" asked Theben, loosening his cutlass.

DrSpike behind him put his hand on the silver hilt of his rapier and GJRamsey gave his spectacles to Kassiopeia to hold.

"Aye," spat the farmer, "I'll fight yer with me fists, yer killer, and I'll rearrange yer faces, ye sea robbers!"
                            "Ye should rearrange my arse!" replied Theben.
                            "Yer seamen are all like that, eh?" retorted Chaunk, coming to his friend's aid.
                            Theben moved like lightning, grabbing Chaunk by his que and pulling his head back to hold his cutlass against his throat.

Jonny entered, wearing the Black Duke's hat.

"What's all this nonsense!" he demanded.

Theben put his weapon away and stepped back. The pirates and the villagers backed away from each other.

The next morning Zopperoni was missing. A short search lead to Pave spotting a sack floating in the harbour. Frozzy spliced together a few odd ends of rope, and then Hercules hauled it up with his massive strength. The sack contained the corpse of Zopperoni, following his master to the grave.

"Ljcvetko," said Jonny and Jon Miller together, "We want ter 'ave a word wi'yer."

The detective looked from one to the other and shrugged.

"Ye'll be thankin' me, I'm guessin'" he said, "For otherwise ye'd ne'er 'ave brought these twain together."

He held up the half of the map that Jon was looking for, and the half that Jonny sought, and laid then next to each other, using Zopperoni's corpse as a table.

"I'd be sayin', gentlemen," he continued, "That this 'ere bay looks very familiar, and that PO GR on one 'alf..."
                            "Matches with RT OG on the other," concluded Jonny.
                            "Port Grog," said Jon Miller, "Right here."

Its voting time!

Extended Weekend Voting applies as usual
                            (And if anyone's interested, the party was... odd...)

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Code:
                              mafia
                              Name Job Status
                              1. ADG Local Fisherman Dead - drowned?
                              2. Rah Dockfront Tavern Owner Alive
                              3. Kassiopeia Cabin Boy Alive
                              4. GhengisFarb Painter Alive
                              5. Theben Pirate Tough Alive
                              6. Zopperoni Captain Duke's Manservant Dead - drowned?
                              7. Jonny Pirate Mate Alive
                              8. Frozzy Pirate Rigger Alive
                              9. Spaced Cowboy Cattle Farmer Alive
                              10. Joncha Pimp Alive
                              11. Rasputin Priest Dead - villagers
                              12. Alva Local Milita Captain Dead - villagers
                              13. Jon Miller Town Clerk Alive
                              14. Guynemer Ship's Cook Alive
                              15. Spiffor Town Mayor Dead - in a sack...
                              16. GJRamsey Ship's Log Keeper Alive
                              17. Hercules Pirate Anchorman Alive
                              18. Tuberski Helmsman Dead - villagers
                              19. Skanky Burns Grog Salesman Dead - blinded
                              20. SnowFire Apprentice Pirate Alive
                              21. Ljcvetko Pirate Detective Alive
                              22. Vovan Pirate Gunner Dead - villagers
                              23. Pave Pirate Lookout Alive
                              24. DrSpike Ship's Doctor Alive
                              25. Chaunk Chicken Farmer Alive
                              26. Boshko Pirate Storekeeper Dead - villagers
                              27. FlameFlash Missionary Dead - drowned?
                              28. Duke o'York Captain of the Apolyton Dead - blinded
                              And the deadlist for y'all.

-Jam

Comment

• Vetko is mentioned way too often in this story for him to be innocent. Also, he has already brought several innocent people to death with his false clues. It is obvious he is the one who wants us all dead!
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X