No announcement yet.

what constrains your gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: what constrains your gaming?

Originally posted by lord of the mark

to you and osweld - obviously something does.
    I guess maybe sleep does, but really, I spend more time gaming than I want to.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: what constrains your gaming?

Originally posted by Osweld

I guess maybe sleep does, but really, I spend more time gaming than I want to.

Ok.

I suppose i should have added an option - I already play more than i would like. I implicitly assumed econ 101 "rationalism", with everyone maximizing marginal utility, etc.

So, how about Gamers Anonymous for everyone playing more than they want to? (but 12 step is based on total abstinence isnt it, which i presume is not the goal here)
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hm.

I have never actually played more than I wanted to. Though for a long time I had played more than I should. IOW, I spent time I should be doing other things playing games.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My four constraints:

1. Liam
          2. Patrick
          3. Sean
          4. Erin

And that's just the kids. My wife should probably be number one, kids second, work third, and the need for sleep would be fourth.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I consider that a subset of time - some of the uses of time are established by my wife.

I suppose if your wife objected to you playing too much, even if she had no other use for your time, that would be an independent constraint.
            I consider them different; I sometimes run out of time without any influence from my gf (not wife yet - stop that! )

Comment

1. School

2. Girlfriend really doesn't count as cutting into my playing time, since I really don't see her that many hours of the week, with school and all.

Money, yes.

I would probably be playing Diablo 2 if I upgraded my box.

Health, not really.

So I would think my biggest constraint would be either money or time.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
              X