No announcement yet.

Are you on the left or on the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to politopia I am just a little right of centerville. I think they needed to ask more questions because it is impossible to sum up someone's political stance using just 10 questions.
    Attached Files
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Economic Left/Right: 0.75
      Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.41

I've taken this test before and it still has a hard time categorising me.

Places me on the right/authoritarian side this time.

Results from before:

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
      Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.87
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; April 28, 2003, 20:48.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Economic: -0.12
        Libertarian: -5.86

Also located in the NorthWest.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Political Compass
          Economic -9.5
          Authoritarion -8.31

I was in the SW area of Politopia
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Economic: +6.12
            Authoritarian: +4.60

What the hell.. my results got even more authoritarian than the last time I took it.. hmmm....
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I have become more libertarian over time, go figure.

Comment

• Economic Left/Right: -5.88
                Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.92

You beat me by large margin, monkspider...
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• So the leader (in name, at least) of an administration that has imprisoned American citizens indefinitely, without bringing charges nor allowing access to a lawyer, is shown as being almost exactly dead center.

This is obviously an extremely valuable test.
                  "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

• Originally posted by uh Clem
                    So the leader (in name, at least) of an administration that has imprisoned American citizens indefinitely, without bringing charges nor allowing access to a lawyer, is shown as being almost exactly dead center.

This is obviously an extremely valuable test.
                    Agreed. And unbiased, too...
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• from political compass
                      Your political compass
                      Economic Left/Right: -4.50
                      Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.21
                      No surprise.

from politopia
                      Attached Files
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Putting FDR closer to Hitler than GWB shows that this poll is completely silly.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro
                          Economic Left/Right: -5.88
                          Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.92
                          vs
                          Economic Left/Right: -9.5
                          Authoritarian/Libertarian: -8.31

You beat me by large margin, monkspider...

I do take great pride in having probably the most far left score of anyone here at Apolyton.
                          What can I say? I am a man of absolute morals. There was a time where I believed that leftism was the natural force of good in universe and rightism represented the natural force of evil. They were the Yin and Yang to each other in other words. I have now come to reconsider that position. I have found there are a couple social policies that "the left" supports that are not beneficial to humanity. Therefore contrary to my earlier beliefs, modern leftism cannot be an inerrant manifestation of divine good in the universe. I have instead come to the ultimate revelation that leftism represents divine good far more than rightism, but it is not inerrant. They are both shades of grey, only leftism is a very light-one and rightism a very dark one.

Comment

• Eco: 0.25
                            Auth: -1.69

I'd say that's pretty centrist.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• According to Politicalcompass it is:

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
                              Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.05

Which puts me very near to Gandhi
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• They are both shades of grey, only leftism is a very light-one and rightism a very dark one.
                                Right... you are being extremely condescending towards others here.
                                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X