Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got major balls Asher, good job Glad to hear that it was uneventful. I've heard some parents actually disowning their children. WTF is that?

As for me, hetero. Although sometimes my parents wonder if I'm homosexual cause I haven't had a stable girlfriend in years.

Emphasis on 'stable'.

Anyway, glad to hear you all-balls-ed it and things turned out for the best.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

If you are bisexual, why tell them at all? Just stick to girls. That would make more sense.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well done Asher

I'm glad your parents are cool with it

My boyfriends still to come out though - he told his mum he has a 'friend' called Red.

Comment

Bods, go away. Forever. You've never shown any inclination or ability to understand anyone else on an emotional level and, as per usual, your advice isn't helpful or insightful in the slightest.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
            Bods, go away. Forever. You've never shown any inclination or ability to understand anyone else on an emotional level and, as per usual, your advice isn't helpful or insightful in the slightest.
            I don't even want to try to "understand" homosexuality
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

And whoever rated this thread a '1' really is a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                I don't even want to try to "understand" homosexuality
                Considering your track record with women, I'm surprised the idea never crossed your mind.

Considering Asher just did an extremely difficult thing in coming out to his parents, your advice on "just stick to girls and don't tell anyone" is as helpful as a parka in the desert.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

If it is difficult, why do it, since it's unnecessary. He could stick to girls.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Coming out is an incredibly difficult time - something many heterosexuals would be hard-pressed to understand.

The possibility that your loved ones may change their opinions of you completely and that you may be seen a certain way for the rest of your life is something many simply cannot overcome.

The again, my coming out to my parents wasn't exactly out of choice...

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                      If it is difficult, why do it, since it's unnecessary. He could stick to girls.
                      It's not unnecessary, it is difficult, and sticking to girls isn't the only option. The heart and loins don't make their decisions on the criteria of ease.

Honestly, have you ever faced a truly difficult moment in your life or are you just unable to have the slightest bit of empathy with another human being?
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

If Bods had a fraction of the courage it took Asher or any of us to come out to parents/family/friends, maybe he wouldn't be such a miserable ****.

Congrats, Ashie baby. Hard to believe you did it, right? I know that's how I felt. I think my parents had a similar reaction--cool as cucumbers on the outside, but not so easy with it at first. But they've gotten more used to it as time goes on. Mom still has the "but I want grandkids from you!" fits, but Dad is cool.

Big step!
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hey, all I am doing is speaking for the majority. I am also a populist.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Hiding behind the curtain of "the majority" is a pretty weak excuse to save yourself from facing up to other people's opinion of you.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I'm not hiding behind anything. Just saying that this site is not representative of people's true feelings towards gays.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

A big old sample of 1000ish people isn't, but you are? Can I hire you for my opinion poll company?
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X