This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    I decided to come out as gay. Coming out as bi would be just too complicated, they'd wonder why I don't just get a girlfriend if I can swing both ways, and if I ever just never get a girlfriend they think I was being dishonest to them.

So I thought I'd come out as gay, and then if I get a girlfriend, it would be a "bonus" to them.
    I think that was the better decision for now. Maybe you can tell them that you're bi leaning to gay in a few days, but not now. It's awkward enough as it is.

But more importantly, do they know that you are 12 years older than you look? And that you like "interesting technical manuals?"
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Good for you, Asher. I haven't even been able to tell my parents I'm straight yet.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

So how are you feeling in general Ash?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
          But more importantly, do they know that you are 12 years older than you look?

The pictures really do make me look younger than I really am. And more pale.

I'm serious. I don't care if no one believes me.

And that you like "interesting technical manuals?"
          Who do you think buys them for me?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
            So how are you feeling in general Ash?
            Highly anxious still.

I'm on meds now for an anxiety disorder (it's actually an SSRI, so it deals with depression too), but the dosage isn't high enough for me to feel anything aside from the insomnia and headaches it causes as my body adapts to it.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yuck.

I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure getting that monkey off of your back is going to help tremendously.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

cool

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Good work.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well, hopefully your parents' initial response won't change into something less civil in the future. Best of luck with it all, Asher.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Good that things worked out for the best, must be hellish being in the closet it really hit me when a friend was talking about how she'd have to "deslesbianize" her room (which would have a LOT of work) when her aunt was coming by...
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I think you will be feeling much better when you see how your parents really react to the news - how they treat you from now on. But so far the indications are good.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i had a similar experience...except i told them i was bi. they were kind of confused as to what that means. so i had to literally draw them a venn diagram explaining that i like girls and guys.

but my parents are pretty cool and laidback, so they didnt go ape**** over it.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Umm....I must confess I had you confused with Red Jon, and I though 'What, again?'

What do people give you for Coming Out Day?

Something pink?
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                              Umm....I must confess I had you confused with Red Jon, and I though 'What, again?'

What do people give you for Coming Out Day?

Something pink?
                              A riding crop and the address of a nearby rest stop...

Comment

"riding crop"

confirming the typical conservative stereotype as closet leather fetishists......
                                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                                X