Video game humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video game humor

Does anybody out there have any good jokes as applies to video games and video game characters? I'm searching for some for a kids' newspaper article I'm writing up but most of the ones I found are not kid suitable.

Either way, if you've heard of a good video game joke, even if it's not kid suitable, post it up here. You'll amuse me, anyhow, and that's a good thing

None of the stuff I've got are particularly funny and worse yet they're not really kid accessible, dammit.

Super Spliff Brothers - a game where you eat mushrooms and chew on strange leaves and start flying and stuff. (The editor vetoed this one even though I had a good spoof graphic )

"Mario is so fat that when he got to the warp zone they said SORRY 100 PIXELS MAX CAPACITY" (The Ed killed this one too saying it would alienate overweight kids.)

"What does Mario use to tell the future? - A Luigi board." (The ed called this too controversial and WTF!?! etc. was my measured response.)

So come on, wrack your brains and help save Ali who has an inane "journalistic" assignment. (And who'd much rather be writing about Mexican jungle exploration. Grrr.)
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

First off:

Most kids who play video games will be boys.

What kinds of things make boys laugh?

Think along the lines of the Three Stooges, etc.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Games have an in-built humour.

For example, it's a running joke to have video game characters to come from the mythical country of 'Japan'.

Japan is made entirely of mountains and dragons live there.

Comment

Argh this assignment is killing me.

Whose idea was it to ask journalists to come up with astoundingly patronizing and crap jokes for kids?

I should be leaping from tree to tree in the Bornean wilds of Mexico for heaven's sake...
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Have a picture of a kid getting the ol' whirlpool treatment and a caption "HA HA U R LUZORS". That'll jive with the target audience like a ton of bricks, that will.

If the editor kills it, hey, that was so not good anything else will look good next to it.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I did ask for an ALL YOUR BASE caption but the Ed looked at me funny.

Bloody apostate.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Try a George of the Jungle joke, Alinestra.

"George, george, george of the jungle, watch out for that tree."
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

This thread should now be closed as I have solved the situation. I am no longer required to write a video game joke.

To the mods: Please close this thread. It stands as a terrible monument of an all-time low in my posting history here, precipitated by a sad period of barrel scraping and external stress. We should leave this thread to sleep with the fishes. It is excreta - abandoning it to its ignoble fate would be a positive relief. It is a hideous monstrosity of a malformed child and I am having my womb destroyed for bringing it forth, yea verily. So feel free to close or delete this thread and erase all traces of this desperately unfunny post by a poster who is normally in much better form. Thanks.

To myself: I feel good at having used the F-word to my editor.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

i find it funny, watching people slowly sink into a desperate madness is always amusing
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I don't think this thread should be closed. It has multitious uses of Alinestra's superior avatar, which makes me happy every time I look at it.
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

How do you get Pikachu on a bus?

Poke him on.

In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

That's similar to a joke I thought of.

How does a Jamaican excite a girl?

Poke her mon'

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHA HHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHH AHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAH HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHA HHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAH

Comment

penny arcade. its a comic that centers around video games dont know if its got the one liners u want tho.

Comment

Yeah, in France we have one too, called kid paddle
                            "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Korea is the land of mountains and dragons.

It's also the first country to be ?proud? of having 'four distinct seasons'.

And sushi and sashimi, first. And gim-bap. Even sumo.

Almost everything traditionally Japanese is actually Korean (according to koreans).

They don't have a big video game industry though, the dictatorship thought it was culturally bad.

So now they have the most broadband non-sexual penetration of any country!

Japan is currently a 'cool' country in the West, but I don't think we know (or care) about how much of its culture is actually Korean.
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                              X