Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help im being oppressed! I cant find a new job........racists!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help im being oppressed! I cant find a new job........racists!

The place I've worked for the last 2 years just went out of buisness......which is bad because it was an EASY job and I could browse the internet while I worked.........

I've been looking for a month, cant find a new job........

I go, if I talk to a person and it seems like they will hire me, the second I mention I cant work friday night/saturday day(night is fine) they loose interest........

Any application where I put that down is rejected(I scribble in the margin that it is for religious reasons).......

Cant work on friday night/saturday day so no one will hire me!

Racists!

Not a good job market right now. Keep at it. Good luck.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Gee... somebody who WOULD work Saturday night and Sundays... I would think somebody would snap you up in a minute

Good luck... looking for work is a pain...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        Gee... somebody who WOULD work Saturday night and Sundays... I would think somebody would snap you up in a minute

Good luck... looking for work is a pain...

The only solution to this I can think of is to try to find a local buisness owned by an observant Jew.......but that isnt something to easily find out, do I go to the front desk of a buisness and say "Hello, does a Jew own this place?".

Comment

How is that racist? They want someone who can work that day. They don't have to accomodate you because your beliefs.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I too fail to see the racist element. If your availability does not fit in with my business needs, I'm not hiring you no matter what.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

It's no different for a Christian who wants to take Sunday off. There are two solutions:

One, you turn down jobs that ask you to work on Sundays, or two, you figure out some way to accomodate both.

My solution for two was to go to church before I started work in the morning, first thing at 8. It meant I would be tired by the end of my shift, but I would use my day of rest as Monday.

The justification I could use is that Jesus said the "Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." So long as I took a day off for rest and reflection, I felt I adhered to the Christian teachings.

Although I would have much preferred not to work on Sundays, I needed a job badly.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Vesayen... just check all the local temples. Explain your problem, and I'm sure they would be willing to help you contact business run by their members. If anybody would understand, they would...

Again... good luck.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thena gain - you could always sue the bastards, and get very very rich

Comment

It's not racism... if he sues I will lose all respect for him... Not hiring someone to work because they don't want to work when it is required is not racist.

Trust me I should know...
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      How is that racist? They want someone who can work that day. They don't have to accomodate you because your beliefs.
                      duh. minorities want special treatment.

i can only work on wednesdays because every other day i spend 17 hours worshipping the sun and babes in bikinis.

AND YOU'RE RASCIST UNLESS YOU HIRE ME.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                        Thena gain - you could always sue the bastards, and get very very rich
                        a jew suggesting a frivilous lawsuit... tha-

never mind.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

"help im being oppressed!"

Bloody peasant.

Comment

Re: help im being oppressed! I cant find a new job........racists!

Originally posted by Vesayen
                            The place I've worked for the last 2 years just went out of buisness......which is bad because it was an EASY job and I could browse the internet while I worked.........

I've been looking for a month, cant find a new job........

I go, if I talk to a person and it seems like they will hire me, the second I mention I cant work friday night/saturday day(night is fine) they loose interest........

Any application where I put that down is rejected(I scribble in the margin that it is for religious reasons).......

Cant work on friday night/saturday day so no one will hire me!

Racists!

hi ,

come to Israel

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X