Dancing in the streets, part Deux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing in the streets, part Deux!

Still dancing with a newly free people whether the liberals like it or not.

WOOOoooHOOOOoo

Last edited by Lancer; April 11, 2003, 18:59.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

EDIT: sigh, nevermind.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What about "Looting in the streets, part one" ?
      "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Dance on Iraqi people...Your day of liberation is at hand.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

"looting in the streets"

They'll get it together on their own, already started beating and stoning looters.

Don't miss the big picture though. What's that you ask?

Comment

Hmmm... a rational and civil discussion actually broke out at the end of the last thread. I hope it continues here... Because if this thread turns into a flame fest like that last one, it isn't going to last very long.

So let the "DISCUSSION" continue...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Lancer beats the mod attempt at an Apolyton anti-dance ordinance!

Gotta get Footloose!

Comment

My last post was news that Canada was offering police. They did this without insisting that the UN take over administration of Iraq, ala, the French, Germans and Russians.

Bravo Canada!
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Don't insult the looters! They just want new cars, forklifts, fire engines, garbage trucks and factory equipment, dammit!

In all seriousness though, I don't approve of looting either. I just find it very amusing for reasons I can't really explain.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Excellent Ned...

Canada, they know they're next if they don't start pulling their weight, though light.

Believe me, except for Quebec, they would be dancing in the streets too...

Comment

Elok, when it was government buildings etc I was all for it. Now it is outa bounds, but what I like is that the civilized Iraqi people are starting to organize and will get control of the situation themselves.

Comment

MtG posted on the last thread:
                        Actually, we can just detain looters and give them the choice of being turned over to locals for a little tribal law, or to the Imami for a little Sharia law.
                        Yes, i figured as much, but the trick is detaining them. Some may heed to soldiers brandashing M-16s and SAWs, but those that dont will be shot... and that is all that is needed to start it... "THE AMERICANS KILLED MY [Insert relation here]!!! THEY ARE HERE TO KILL US< NOT LIBERATE US!!! KILL THE AMERICANS!!! KILL THEM!!! KILL THEM!!!"... or somethn to that affect. soon we would have civilians throwing rocks at us and poping occaonal shots.. it ould then probably escalate into a full scale infatida or somethn... or at lest this is a fear of mine.

we need to get non lethal weapons in there... like these humvees i was reading about that shoots a ray of microwaves to burn the skin in an intense, but brief second, or those British riot patrol guns that shoot batons, adn other stuff of the like. Good old fassioned riot gear and billy clubs may also be necessary
                        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Won't you join me Lancer?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What about this dancing
                            Attached Files

Comment

As long as it's Baath party r government buildings (i.e., bandit HQ), I have no problems with the looting -- its just a tired, terrorized and impoverished people, in what should be a wealthy nation, getting back their own.

Now that it's gotten into homes and shops, it's time to rein them in.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X