Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support your country in a war of conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn straight i would.

The US produces enough food every year to feed the world. When we give away food in aid packages to poor nations, their corrupt dictators just take it and feed their armies and secret police with it.
    If we want to feed the poor countries, we're going to have to take them over.

If i were president, i would not go do this. But since i doubt i will ever be president i have to look at my standpoint as a citizen. And if the president decided to go out and do this, i'd support it.
    Shouldn't you be dead or something?

Comment

Only because you think your pity is a weapon for use in a debate.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Damn, there's TWO yes votes. I figured there would only be EVC...

Comment

And I am the only "it depends"

yeah, I'm unique
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, I put 'it depends' in there to cooerce borderline people away from reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              MtG, can you elaborate? Who is "too old or precious"? What are you on about this time? Who hasn't bled for their country?
              Oh, you want me to start with the chickenchokers like Bush, Cheney, Rice, Wolfowitz, etc.?

Or the vast majority of the electorate? (hint: Most WW2 vets are dead, and currently, the annual recruiting quota for the army is around 78,000, so even when you factor in the other services and ignore the majority of REMF jobs, some 90+ % of our future electorate and political officeholders won't have military service.

Then you get those semi-senile type veterans who decide to remember glory and bull**** manufactured after the fact, and decide it's time to send someone else to die for their gratification.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvin
                Damn straight i would.

The US produces enough food every year to feed the world. When we give away food in aid packages to poor nations, their corrupt dictators just take it and feed their armies and secret police with it.
                If we want to feed the poor countries, we're going to have to take them over.

If i were president, i would not go do this. But since i doubt i will ever be president i have to look at my standpoint as a citizen. And if the president decided to go out and do this, i'd support it.
                Best comedy skit I've seen on here for months.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Comment

Mike, I hope we do get to travel together some sunny day, we would ***** and argue the whole way.

Comment

Just a tidbit about army recruiting: I did not know permanent residents could join the army (I mean, they can't vote, can;t run for office and have inferior rights in the courts and to government programs) and yet it seems they can. 2 of the dead considered American became citizens after they died. On the news that said that one the army is trying to get more people by expediting the process towards citizenship if a resident alien joins up.

The things you learn.

If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

GePap, one of the great eye openers of my life is when I found out how many wretched masses yearn to breath free. Fantastic... Many would make great Americans, like those who serve so well. May God look after em, they are great Americans to be because they know where they came from.

Comment

Mike, I hope we do get to travel together some sunny day, we would ***** and argue the whole way.

Comment

Best comedy skit I've seen on here for months.
                            Its the only way they're gonna get food.
                            Shouldn't you be dead or something?

Comment

GePap, one of the great eye openers of my life is when I found out how many wretched masses yearn to breath free. Fantastic... Many would make great Americans, like those who serve so well. May God look after em, they are great Americans to be because they know where they came from.
                              Actually, most of 'em just want better pay. Most of the world breathes at least fairly free on a day to day basis, but doesn't have the US' standard of living.

Comment

Never.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X