X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That's so gay" - enough to get twelve-year-olds suspended

12 Year Old Suspended For Anti-Gay Remark

Next they'll be banning people at Poly for using that "This thread is gay" Richard Simmons picture. No, wait, better not give them ideas...
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

It's about time they started cracking down that.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Hey that link is empty! I sense a setup to get me into a gay site.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Paging Dr. Simmons, paging Dr. Simmons
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hey that link is empty! I sense a setup to get me into a gay site.
          Works fine for me!
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

yea, in my highschool they started punishing people for that
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
              It's about time they started cracking down that.
              Actually, I think so too.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                yea, in my highschool they started punishing people for that
                Would schools accept insulting things you didn't like by referring to them as ethnic groups?

"That's so black"...

I don't know if suspension is indicated in either situation, but it should definitely be treated equally...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

nothing. Just a small link on the top left corner for a Barbara Streisand CD sale.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

So is saying to a stingy person "don't be such a Jew" not offensive, because the person saying it might not actually intend it to refer to Jewish people?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

They suspended him for that? Dude, that's so gay!
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        So is saying to a stingy person "don't be such a Jew" not offensive, because the person saying it might not actually intend it to refer to Jewish people?
                        Remember Boris? The conservative backlash dictates that to find anything offensive, means that you're a PC fanatic.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't agree with censorship, but I certainly wouldn't mind hearing that phrase less.

Of course, school environments are rife with censorship anyways.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                            I've actually noticed "jew" is replacing "gay" in some, ehm, 'communities' such as Counter-Strike.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I remember seeing the term "Jewry" somewhere or another, probably one of those boring-ass 19th century British novels they made me pretend to read in high school.

I still use the term "gyp." I didn't know its derivation until just a coupla years ago, and by then the term was pretty well ingrained into my lexicon.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X