I become afraid of my own anti-Americanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly, DaShi.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I dont know about anyone else but there is a lot of anti americanism arround here on apolyton, and it has been hear long before the Iraq War that is going on now. I can understand if you dissagree with US foreign poilcy, but why must you then take that as a reason to hate all Americans, as if we are the scum of the earth? This anti americanism i dont like one bit. If you want to change peoples minds and such, hating them and making those feelling know will only anger them against you and will not result in anything good.

Also even if you think War in Iraq is wrong, the world will be a better place with out Saddam in Iraq.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I'm just upset when people are happy at Iraqi deaths. I've heard so many awful rotten comments about Iraqis, not even just on this board, but in general, since the war has begun. "**** Iraq" "Bring home the head of an Iraqi, civilian or military doesn't matter" "Kill as many of those ****ers as you can" etc. etc. It's so sad, because what have innocent Iraqis, or even the Iraqi military, ever done to us? Nothing...
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

well some Iraqi millitary are pretending to surrender and then attacking allied troops, that you have to admit wont make allied troops to like the Iraqi millitary. I do not hate Iraqi's, but Saddam's millitary and all who support him willingly are not people you are suppost to be friendly with.
          Donate to the American Red Cross.
          Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
            I dont know about anyone else but there is a lot of anti americanism arround here on apolyton, and it has been hear long before the Iraq War that is going on now. I can understand if you dissagree with US foreign poilcy, but why must you then take that as a reason to hate all Americans, as if we are the scum of the earth? This anti americanism i dont like one bit. If you want to change peoples minds and such, hating them and making those feelling know will only anger them against you and will not result in anything good.
            I agree...

I don't like Bush, but that doesn't mean that all Americans are like Bush (I certainly don't hope so )

Originally posted by Jack_www
            well some Iraqi millitary are pretending to surrender and then attacking allied troops, that you have to admit wont make allied troops to like the Iraqi millitary. I do not hate Iraqi's, but Saddam's millitary and all who support him willingly are not people you are suppost to be friendly with.
            I wouldn't trust Iraqi military, but I can't see how people can be happy about having Iraqi civilians killed... not all Iraqi's likes Saddam
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I've never thought myself as being anti-American. Yeah, I hate the US government (and I don't think too much of my own to be honest) but that's not that same.

Do I hate US culture? Considering the US programmes and products I use I'd be a hypocrite if I said I did. Do I hate American people in general? Well considering I have American friends both on and offline I'd have to say no.

Comment

Re: I become afraid of my own anti-Americanism

Originally posted by Der PH
                From the very beginning of the discussion about attacking Iraq I have been against it. With the war coming closer, the US foreign policy seemed more and more disgusting to me and I developed an extremely Anti-American attitude, which is quite common in Germany nowadays.

Nothing exciting so far, but when I saw the US soldiers captured by the Iraqis on TV, my first reaction was pleasure and satisfaction.
                Reflecting these feelings I started to become very afraid of myself. How could I be happy, that human beings are captured, maybe mistreated and most possibly undergo their personal hell?
                I wanted the US to get a bloody nose in Iraq so much, that I actually enjoyed the obvious suffering of those POWs.

At the moment I feel like an as***le, maybe I am one. I don't know. And I don't know what this f***ing war is doing with my mind.

And when I get involved in that topic to such an emotional level, how does it affect the people who are actually and directly concerned with the war, especially the Iraqis themselves?
                This simply means you are feeling so much anger towards the US government that it has begun to mutate. It doesn't mean your a bad person or an evil person, it simply means you haven't properly dealt with the anger.

I suggest tearing up a phone book while yelling crazy and psychotic things and a 20 day ban on the news and news forums.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Tassadar's cat. Home, safe and sound.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

That's sickening Sloww.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Tassadar's cat. Home, safe and sond.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Too much love ... need hate ... turning pro-war ... GAAAAAAAH!

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                          Too much love ... need hate ... turning pro-war ... GAAAAAAAH!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finally, you post a picture of your cat, that looks like an actual cat.

See what turning off the news for 10 minutes allows you to accomplish?

BTW, nice cat you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Finally, you post a picture of your cat, that looks like an actual cat.

See what turning off the news for 10 minutes allows you to accomplish?

BTW, nice cat you have there.
                              Shes the best cat the world has ever seen, isn't she?

Shes very sleepy....a bout a week ago she had surgery. Her uterus was filling with pus and she would've been dead within a week But now shes ok, just tired

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

I wouldn't trust Iraqi military, but I can't see how people can be happy about having Iraqi civilians killed... not all Iraqi's likes Saddam
                                There's enough of them that some us feel squeamish. And they seem to be the most vocal about their views unfortunately; the moderates tend to get drowned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X