The papers say, "Bush incompetent".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

The liar paradox is one of the things I laughed at in the logic classes. It's one of the things the philosophy students found profound and everyone else chanted "DUH!".
    Yeah - because they could see that it f***s up language. Apparently, you could not.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

I can see that it does, that's the "DUH" part.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There are plenty of things that screw up language.

Language isn't perfect, it's far from it, and suddenly a liar's paradox is profound.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Here's the paradox the rest of the world proposes to America:
          Lead by consensus.
          Pax Superiore Vi Tellarum
          Equal Opportunity Killer: We will kill regardless of race, creed, color,
          gender, sexual preference,or age

Comment

Burn the flag of Alberta!!!!
            Noooo! It's too... majestic?

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

I have never met a more internecine group than Canadians. What's the deal?
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Pure, unadulterated, hatred of t**ts.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Then why do you elect them?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Let me get back on topic...

I think that Bush is screwing us up politically and economically. In the beginning I had a little sympathy for the guy, but now I can't wait until the 2004 election, so that I can vote him out of office.

I do think that a dictator like Saddam should go but Bush is doing this in a "cowboy" fashion; and when Americans act that way the rest of the world hates them and you see a lot of anti-american sentiment.

He is screwing up our ties to key allies like France, Germany, Russia, and China which isn't good for long term relations. There are also other things to worry about like North Korea who is the little guy who is poking the US. I find that they are far more dangerous than Iraq. But with Bush's warmongering, things could get ugly.

For the economic side, or economy has been getting deeper and deeper into the hole. The unemployment rate is increasing and with thousands of reservists going to Iraq, they are leaving their normal jobs. Bush did lower taxes which could cause people to buy more, but if you are unemployed, why would you buy more?

Just some of my views on Bush...

There are lots more, but if I write more, no one would read it!
                      "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
                      "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Then why do you elect them?
                        Well, you've got me there.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Agathon -
                          Yeah - he's like the Grand Dragon on holiday in Africa complaining about the ********. Wouldn't the Africans just love that.
                          Are you going to back that up?

Comment

China and Russia are not allies; they are competetors.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              China and Russia are not allies; they are competetors.
                              GWB said the same thing about the US and the PRC right after he was elected. He did an about face really fast.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The papers said that Hitler was a great guy, Stalin was a hero and Nevil Chamberlin was a wise negotiator. So what is the point? Do you believe everything that is published in an editorial?

Comment

Working...
                                X