X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Footprints from 350,000 B.C

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Pretty cool.

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.

March 12 — Italian scientists have discovered three fossilized trails of footprints that early humans left about 350,000 years ago as they descended the treacherous flanks of an active volcano. The scientists believe the footprints are the oldest such prints ever uncovered of Paleolithic humans, who preceded modern humans.
    Wow, stupid people existed back then too.

Comment

I believe in the Bible, but not anymore in the 6 days as we know a day (24 hours). God made the Earth and all life as we know life. However what is a day in the life of God. 24 hours or 24 million years. We just don't know or maybe we would not understand if we did know. I think the early writer of the bible put down what they felt early man could understand. Remember man did not know Earth was a planet until when? Somebody else look it up.

Comment

Could be of Neanderthals, since current theory does not have modern Humans coming out of Africa until 200,000 years later.

Neanderthals are fairly modern.

My bets are on Homo habilis or some variant thereof.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I love evolution, especially human evolution. It has always fascinated me for some reason. If I could travel to any time in our world it would be to visit our ancestors.
          "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            Could be of Neanderthals, since current theory does not have modern Humans coming out of Africa until 200,000 years later.
            Neanderthal footprints are generally distinguishable due to their weight distribution, since they were much heavier (30-50%) on average.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Am I the only one who gets irked about them calling these early human foot prints? Clearly they weren't made by humans but by hominids (human like apes). Neither Homo erectus or Homo heidelbergensis are modern Homo sapiens.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Leo - Habilis lived 2 million years ago, these prints must be from Neandertal or it's immediate predecessor. Neandertals were heavily built but not very tall. These could have been women...

Comment

Clearly they weren't made by humans but by hominids (human like apes).
                  "Human like apes"? Sure, more heavily built than modern humans, but "apes"? Neandertals had braincases similar in size to modern humans, about triple the size of apes.

Comment

These weren't Neandertals; the article said they were most likely erectus or heidelbergensis. Hominids are in the genus Homo but the species is different from humans that's why I called them human like but not human.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Another damned evilutionist lie!!!!
                      0.00001/10 Boris.

I'm surprised to see 3 seperate trolls on this one issue.

All the lures are flashing in the water.

The scientists believe the footprints are the oldest such prints ever uncovered of Paleolithic humans, who preceded modern humans.
                      Very cool slowwhand.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

"Human like apes"? Sure, more heavily built than modern humans, but "apes"? Neandertals had braincases similar in size to modern humans, about triple the size of apes.

IMHO, humans are human-like apes.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Oerdin -
                          These weren't Neandertals; the article said they were most likely erectus or heidelbergensis.
                          They don't know what hominid made the prints, only the approximate age. Erectus appears to have made it into Europe and Heidelbergensis is considered somewhat of a link between Erectus and Neandertal, but the age of the prints is close to the boundary for Neandertal and Heidelbergensis. Like I said, the prints were probably Neandertal or it's immediate predecessor.

Hominids are in the genus Homo but the species is different from humans that's why I called them human like but not human.
                          Human is the term for modern homo sapien sapiens (us) and the hominids on the branch leading to us.

Comment

Working...
                          X