Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Would You Get Involved, If At All ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should all help out wherever possible, thats not to say I would put my well being at serious risk, but it would depend on the situation and who was involved.

These days you cant be to careful, it common to hear of people being stabbed or stuff in the UK (probably worse in USA) for getting involved with muggers etc.

I would like to think I would always help out a woman in trouble and have done so at great risk to myslef in the past. i.e. dragged one away from a group of about 15 drunken Spanish would be? rapists that weere harrassing her on a beach late one night. Im a big guy and I think the fact that I was brave enough to challenge them made them think twice (I had my beer coat on so was feeling brave, ("beer coat" = p1$$ed so felt protected).

I once saw a guy I know (a local yob) arguing with his missus, I was with two mates but we did nothing. He was hitting her and at one point she was on the ground on all fours and he kicked her in the stomach. I swear she flew about 4 foot in the air and into the middle of the road. Still we did nothin. If you knew this guy I dont think you would of done eaither, hes a builder and built like an brick $h.t house, has no sense of limits. with the blind rage he was in to intervene would have meant serious physical damage. Still felt guilty but what could we do?

I do think that all strangers should be supportive in situations of jeopardy so if there are a lot of poeple about and you see something you should always be prepared to defend what is right. Its like dealing with the school bully scenario, he / they may bully individuals, but if there is consensus among the majority and they stick together the bully becomes the outsider.

Peace.

Comment

It would depend on the situation. I have been known to step into a fight, or together with one of my mates take both combatants in a full nelson. At 6'6" and roundabout 220lbs, and usually out with my crew (average height 6'3", average weight about 225), I don't think there's many people that won't lose the will to fight if we step in.

If a man was hitting a woman i would step in everytime I'd like to think. Man vs man, if it was a couple of pissed council estate townies I probably wouldn't bother.

Comment

If it was two hot babes going at it, I'd immediatly run for a video camera.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          If it was two hot babes going at it, I'd immediatly run for a video camera.
          Have a thing for bruised and battered women?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It was about coming to the aid, of anyone.
            Be it a weaker person, or a weaker nation.
            So, when are you going to attack Belorussia and DPRK?

Btw, this thread is complete BS. Despite what you think, you aren't some shiny
            knights who are fighting the evil satan who is killing innocent ones.
            You are invading a much smaller country, which has a pathetic militiary,
            to grab it's oil reserves. You have no chances of losing, either.

So complete propaganda-BS. Better troll next time.

Comment

Hate to tell you, Einstein; but Hussein is a terrorist.
              He kills women and children every day.
              They are digging holes to hide in, complete with gas masks, for the men.
              He's a habitual liar, a fake, and a fraud.

Get over there in the French Make Excuses line.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sometimes all it takes is a look. I was waiting outside a club in a car one time when I saw this girl and a guy having a shouting match. She was crying and pushing him away. He was getting angry and looked like he was about to start slapping her around. I just opened the door, stood up and caught his eye. That was enough.

The best fights are the ones you avoid through other means. This is also applicable to the war in Iraq.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

True, but that approach has been tried.
                  Still ongoing, in fact.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                  X