Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Would You Get Involved, If At All ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Would You Get Involved, If At All ?

Gender doesn't matter.

Let's say you're walking down the street, and you see a bigger person slapping the snot out of a littler person.

What do you do?
    I rush in immediately. This isn't right.
    29.73%
    Wait until the littler person screams for help.
    18.92%
    Watch the kicking around, and finally ask "Need A little help?'.
    2.70%
    Not my problem. I call the cops.
    35.14%
    Not my problem, and I leave the area.
    5.41%
    I watch. It's funny. The little person is getting smoked royally.
    2.70%
    Huh? I was busy playing with my banana. Saw nothing.
    5.41%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

ill protect my friends, but not strangers.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.

That's cool that you wouldn't abandon friends though.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Without knowing the situation it's tough to make the decision to intervene, I mean, for all you know the little guy raped the big guys sister.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

It depends on alot of factors. Also, gender DOES matter. If a guy is slapping a woman around, I get involved. I've done so twice in my life, both times the guy backed down. One time when I was 17, in the army in Germany and the guy was much bigger, but he backed off, thank God. I was a skinny kid in the army, he would have kicked my ass. I think he was embarrassed.

If it's a child, I'd intervene.

A big guy pushing around a little guy, I don't know, depends. I'd wait to see if it ended perhaps. Sometimes just watching might be enough to break up a shoving match. A full blown fight, or a beating...depends on alot of things. Do I know one of them? Or, one of them might have a gun. Both could turn on me and attack...Just yelling, COPS! might be enough.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Some year ago I stopped a man hitting a girl. He was bigger than I. In 96 while at Disneyland, A white guy hit this Mexican and I jump into the middle of it so they could not hit each other without hitting me and then some other guys grab the white guy and I put my arms around the Mexican and pick him up and move him several feet away from where the others had taken the white guy. I told him to get his family and go. I then told the white guy to leave and he did. He was bigger than I also. I stand 5' 11 3/4" and at that time (age 52) weight about 220 to 230 lbs. I now weight 250. My wife saw all of it and was scared to dead that I would be hurt.
            You do what you have to at the time.

Comment

Were it a friend, I'd intervene.

If a stranger, I'd get help ASAP, but can't say I'd intervene of the aggressor was bigger than me (which is likely, I'd say).

If it were a sworn enemy being beaten...well, maybe I'd walk a little slower to get help.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I've jumped in before and I've watched before. I don't know why I did what I did either time.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

After recent events, which would you do now ?

And I STILL need to know what city to locate the boots.
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; March 13, 2003, 22:59.

Comment

Boris Godunov
                    Prince
                    New York, NY
                    Aug 2001
                    time: 21:41

13-03-2003 18:03 link

Were it a friend, I'd intervene.

If a stranger, I'd get help ASAP, but can't say I'd intervene of the aggressor was bigger than me (which is likely, I'd say).

If it were a sworn enemy being beaten...well, maybe I'd walk a little slower to get help.

chegitz guevara
                    King
                    Jacksonville, FL Communist Party of Apolyton
                    Jun 2000
                    time: 20:41

13-03-2003 18:06 link

I've jumped in before and I've watched before. I don't know why I did what I did either time.

SlowwHand
                    King
                    Dallas, Texas - Sí, Hablo Inglés.
                    Sep 1999
                    time: 20:41

13-03-2003 18:09 link

After recent events, which wold you do now ?

I don't know about you three. Just in case were a big sign with your handle on it so that if I,m ever in the area where one of you are getting his a$$ kick I will know whether to help or not.

Comment

First, you tell me who you're helping, me or the mugger.

D

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        After recent events, which wold you do now ?

I'd be inclined to get involved.

As for what city the boots are in, doesn't really matter. Outside Florida's probably best, so I don't have to pay sales tax. It has to wait until after I see whether my contract is going to be renewed (three months). As for what kind, I want gator or rattler boots. And a Stetson. And maybe a belt.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: When Would You Get Involved, If At All ?

Gender doesn't matter.

Let's say you're walking down the street, and you see a bigger person slapping the snot out of a littler person.

What do you do?
                          Shoot them both for disturbin' the peace and walk on.

Comment

First, you tell me who you're helping, me or the mugger.

D
                            Well I could not let a fellow Apolyton poster be hurt. I would miss some of his/her posts or threads, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I'd be inclined to get involved.

As for what city the boots are in, doesn't really matter. Outside Florida's probably best, so I don't have to pay sales tax. It has to wait until after I see whether my contract is going to be renewed (three months). As for what kind, I want gator or rattler boots. And a Stetson. And maybe a belt.
                              Being from Texas, Sloww could probably round up a pair armidillo boots.

As for getting involved. Each situation is different. I've stopped fights between strangers and people I know but never had the occasion to stop one where two strangers are involved.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                              X