Does God hate the Tories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HE HE HA HA HO HO!

Oh dear, it's so funny I just can't stop laughing!

I love how IDS f*cked up yet again on his trip to Washington (Tyne & Wear that is) and waxed lyrical about Newcastle Utd in a Sunderland stronghold...

I hope the May elections see huge gains in Liberal Democrat support - perhaps we may become the second party after all...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I thought God only hates one group of people -- French.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: HE HE HA HA HO HO!

Originally posted by MOBIUS
        I love how IDS f*cked up yet again on his trip to Washington (Tyne & Wear that is) and waxed lyrical about Newcastle Utd in a Sunderland stronghold...
        Oh Christ, what a candidate for upper class twit of the year. I bet that went over like a lead balloon.

Mind you I can't stand Blair's faux support of the toon. He should be beaten soundly by all members of the Hughie Gallacher appreciation society.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I mean, given her conversion to Roman Catholicism, I thought perhaps the odd 'Poly poster might conceive of her in a rubber backless nun's outfit, perhaps...
          Nope. Now I really need to go to confession.

BTW, wouldn't a Roman Catholic in the UK be unelectable as a party leader?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

i think you would benefit from fewer obscure and meaningless analogies in your disection. Otherwise, fab.

Tories

Sorry Iain
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Thatcher represents an extreme and ideological version of Conservatism. The Labour government represents a pragmatic acceptance of some Thatcherite principles

In the end it is the same amounts to nearly the same thing. The 'third way' in general is basically conservative policies packeged to better appeal to the masses.

Its the same thing with Clinton and Reaganism. Clinton basically took Reaganism and made it look better to the lower classes. Doesn't mean he was any less Reaganesque.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran - you clearly have no idea what you are talking about so butt out.

To see what any government is really about we need to look at their fiscal practises and it appears that Brown is seriously working towards being the most redistributive chancellor in history. There is definately a clear shift towards higher taxation and more spending on public services and they have done it in such a way that Tory pledges to cut taxes will mean their having to take money away from education and health - both guaranteed election losers.

(+1)

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

Nope. Now I really need to go to confession.

BTW, wouldn't a Roman Catholic in the UK be unelectable as a party leader?
                  No, England as opposed to Scotland is not sectarian anymore.

Neil Kinnock was an athesit and he became leader of the Labour party.
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

No-one gives a sh1t about religion in politics in the UK, well outside Northern Ireland and a few bits of Scotland. Blair is openly religious but that was never an election issue.

If people did start talking about religion in their political campaigning it would be a huge turn off to the electorate.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Laz, you really should consider submitting stuff like this to Private Eye or another mag. Its brilliant

I am in awe
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Agree with Laz, apart from "Blair is more vulnerable now than he's ever been".

Once we've bombed Iraq, massive evidence will be found of their chemical, biological and nuclear weapons. And Blair will be vindicated.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Even if that was right, it still doesn't disprove that he's vulnerable NOW it just means that you think he'll become less vulnerable in the future.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

He's not vulnerable now because he'll never leave his office in the safe knowledge that he'll be vindicated. Labour won't get him out of office as he is the party's biggest strength.

The most credible Prime Minister we've had for a long time.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I don't think he's all that vulnerable now either but I think that Laz's statement is true because this is the most vulnerable he's ever been. That doesn't mean that he's going to be out on his ear in the next week, just that his approval ratings are at their lowest point, even including the fuel crisis. In other words, if there ever was a time for the opposition to attack him it's now when his public support is at its lowest.

I actually have growing respect for Blair through this, even though I disagree with him. I like the fact that he is prepared to risk public disapproval to do what he thinks is right, even at a risk to his own position.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Blair has gone up in my view aswell.

This has shoown he doesn't just do stuff for the polls
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X