Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chirac Says Eastern Europeans Are "Infantile" and should shut up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DuncanK

You mean we could never compete with France and Germany. Please, stop. Their economy is puny in comparison.
    No. I mean the EU

Comment

• Having twice the western defense spending should have given a much larger mass of modern tanks, should it not?

Not if it's sh!tty steel and bad parts and those 50,000 had to be replaced at a good clip.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• And yes, you'd have a hard time competing with just Germany and France in eastern Europe, too

Comment

You mean we could never compete with France and Germany. Please, stop. Their economy is puny in comparison.
          Actually, their economy when combined is something like half as big as yours. And they're right next door.

Duncan, you just plain don't have as much to offer as the EU. And you and I both know that Lithuania's 300 noncombat troops for the Gulf and Bulgaria's murmuring of support aren't worth what it would cost to even come close.

The eastern euros are the ones with the most on the line here, not France and Germany (and the littler sh*ts who agree with them).
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Actually the little sh*ts think they aren't anti-US enough

Comment

• Actually, their economy when combined is something like half as big as yours.

1/3rd, rather.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• BTW 3 of the "pro US" east European countries (FYROM, Albania and Bulgaria) are totally dependent on one little sh*t's economy to live. France and Germany don't even need to bother.

Comment

• Dan:

"Not if it's sh!tty steel and bad parts and those 50,000 had to be replaced at a good clip."

Not sure what the point is. Low quality would allow even larger quantities of the older tanks. Also, the defense and GNP estimates are PPP based, so low quality would reduce the spending level (or get more tanks out of an equal spending level).
                  “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                    BTW 3 of the "pro US" east European countries (FYROM, Albania and Bulgaria) are totally dependent on one little sh*t's economy to live. France and Germany don't even need to bother.
                    Don't you ever get tired of kissing French ass? I mean really paiktis, don't you have any reservations about this at all. Or did you skip all the history lessons of French and German attempts at dominating Europe? I do suppose that after all those years under Turk rule, Greece only feels comfortable when it is a province and not the center of power.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• paiktis22 is willing to accept rule from any country, including totalitarian communist countries, if that country is not the US.
                      "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                      "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                      "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger

Actually, their economy when combined is something like half as big as yours. And they're right next door.

Duncan, you just plain don't have as much to offer as the EU. And you and I both know that Lithuania's 300 noncombat troops for the Gulf and Bulgaria's murmuring of support aren't worth what it would cost to even come close.

The eastern euros are the ones with the most on the line here, not France and Germany (and the littler sh*ts who agree with them).
                        frogger,

I'm just saying it could be done. We could make Eastern Europe our very good friends and Frances enemies if we wanted to. I admit it's not worth it, because France can never be what the USSR was to us.
                        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Actually I have already said that Greece considers France's position as too mild

Comment

• If we were France you'd probably be dogging nukes by now
                            AH but it's worth the wait.

Comment

paiktis22 is willing to accept rule from any country, including totalitarian communist countries, if that country is not the US.
                              Actually paiktis likes Greece just as it is now. A democracy looking out for its interests and not forgetting its history.
                              Forgive me for not wanting any more US juntas
                              And paiktis enjoys Greece not being amongst the exceptions in european antiamericanism. I always knew others would see the light

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                                If we were France you'd probably be dogging nukes by now
                                AH but it's worth the wait.
                                If you were trying to make decisions instead of just being the lap dogs, you would be at the center of a nuclear waste zone. That or the western province of Turkey. Face it, Greeks are destined be instraments used by other people. It's sad that you have lost the legacy of Sparta and Athens and been reduced to pepertual second powers.
                                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                                X