Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French carrier battle group heads for Gulf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French naval program includes sister ship to the de Gaulle:

http:https://www.defense-aerospace.com/da...es/data/fe251/
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Carriers like that are only built for one thing. That can be called protecting interests over seas or it can be called Imperialism.
      Every country that has major interest outside of its own borders will try to project some type of power to influence those interest in a manner that will positively affect their interest. Countries that have the ability will project military power (it has been said more than once that the military is the last resort of the diplomat). The fact is that most countries would choose this method of projecting power if they were able. This ability does not in itself make a country imperialistic.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Now hear THIS!

Look at the perdy pics, then read the blurb at the very bottom.

The Frenchies are already assigned to the task force! It appears to say that some French ships are "already there"!

Comment

I wonder if they will leave their German butt buddies swinging in the wind?

Did anyone else see "Weekend Update" tonight? Tina Fey made a great joke about France and Germany opposing a war in Iraq together and then announcing that they are "gay and in love."

It's funny cuz it's true...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Was that a "great joke" ?
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It's pretty far fetched to automatically assume the carrier is headed for the Persian Gulf to take part in the war...

"Pull my finger."
              "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
              - Lone Star

Comment

Isn't it obvious they are going on holiday? I've heard Dubai is very nice this time of year
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                  They're just delivering a lot of Croissants...
                  mmmmmmmmm.......... I hope so! Our boys in blue deserve yummy croissants! Perhaps they could stop off on this side of the Atlantic on their way back home and drop some off here!
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Was that a "great joke" ?

By amercians standards, unfortunately so.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

"Weekend Update" can be funny, but you have to be there. You can't just tell the joke on a forum. I don't know if that joke was funny or not. Actually I only laugh at about 10% of the jokes, so it probably just tickled Drakes funny bone.
                      "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                      "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                      "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

From Lancer's last link
                        Also there - as seen in reports above - are ships from France, Italy, Australia, Canada, the UK, and Holland. Strike jets from the Italian carrier Garibaldi (C551) and France's Charles de Gaulle (R 91) have been assigned to the campaign. Liaison officers from the de Gaulle and the Garibaldi have been put aboard the Theodore Roosevelt to ensure harmonised operations. France sent the Charles de Gaulle Carrier Battle Group under the deployment.
                        Well, we can all sleep sounder knowing the French have sent their best ship, the Chuck E. Cheese, to join in the fray.

Comment

I think the French screwed themselves. I don't think they will be invited to the party. Bush is getting tired of this multinationalism.
                          "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                          "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                          "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I predict a "Race To Bagdad" between France and the USA.....
                            Blah

Comment

Zkribbler

FOX reported today that the following joke was told by a US senator (don't recall who) on the floor of the senate:

"How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?"

Answer:

"They don't know, it's never been tried."

Comment

I predict a "Race To Bagdad" between France and the USA.....
                                The US cheats ! All their propellers work !
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X