Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French carrier battle group heads for Gulf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French carrier battle group heads for Gulf.

Are they lost? Are they going to attack the US navy? Are they like lost mules following the horses? What do they think they are doing?

If they are going to help then that's really bad as the carrier is the famed Charles de Gaulle, which during its time has done everything but sink or get captured by the British, the traditional destiny of French naval vessels.

Anyway, this is a sure sign that the posturing is just about over and the French are going to timidly join the posse led by us "American cowboys".

I wonder if they will leave their German butt buddies swinging in the wind?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Nice troll, for as long as it may last. (If Ming calls it, it's his.)
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I vote "they're lost".
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: ***NEW..MUST READ***French carrier battle group heads for Gulf.

Originally posted by Lancer
        I wonder if they will leave their German butt buddies swinging in the wind?
        Of course we'll do. Did you imagine our leaders are trustworthy ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Are they going to attack the US navy?

Oh, the entertainment value that would proceed from that.

If only...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            I vote "they're lost".
            Nah, I think Powell and de Villepin came to an agreement faster than we thought. I wonder what the agreement is : imagine a thing which allows both countries not to lose their face (Germany being completely ridiculed in the end)
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Maybe they're going to invade Egypt again.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They're just delivering a lot of Croissants...
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                  Maybe they're going to invade Egypt again.
                  Why would we have our carrier in the Gulf than ?
                  Nevermind, I just remembered how sucky our strategists are

Comment

When they get a taste of that nasty middle eastern goat cheese there will be mutiny.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's just that if they're in the gulf the Egyptians will have a hard time sinking them.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        When they get a taste of that nasty middle eastern goat cheese there will be mutiny.
                        Some Frenchmen drink this thing too. Don't forget how Arab loving we are

Comment

MtG, thanks for the pass guy.

Didn't the French just trade an african democracy for a cocoa crop? Is that the Ivory Coast? I think the carrier battle group is heading first to the Ivory Coast.

I guess I better try a link.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Nice troll, for as long as it may last. (If Ming calls it, it's his.)
                            All I did was change the title...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am seriously tripping out on this? Is it true that they are heading to the gulf? What kind of deal could they have made?
                              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X