Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French carrier battle group heads for Gulf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    I think the carrier battle group is heading first to the Ivory Coast.
    We don't need no stinking carrier in Africa ! The Foreign Legion is in charge there. A gun and a knife, a pair of balls, and here they go
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Here's a link for the carrier...

Latest breaking news, including politics, crime and celebrity. Find stories, updates and expert opinion.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Why don't you Frenchies do us all a favor and send Jean Reno to kill Saddam:

reelartgallery.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, reelartgallery.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Jean Reno is busy killing Bush

Erm, did I just say that ?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

To Lancer, re: Ivory Coast....

Now here's a picture you don't see every day....

-=Vel=-
            Attached Files
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Ah Vel do you realize how many threads I am going to post that on now?

1001, 1002...1054...
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You'd be glad to see the Rebels hate France as well, because we are supporting Gbagbo
                In Ivory Coast, we are basically hated as much as America is hated everywhere else (ah, memories of empire *pleased sigh* )

Comment

I just found this...

http:https://www.globalsecurity.org/org/n...y-deploy01.htm

I'll try to find again the one where it says they are sailing for the Ivory Coast.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Just consider me something of an arms dealer, Ted...gotta keep you boys supplied....

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I didn't see anything more than
                      The French have deployed their sole nuclear aircraft carrier, the Charles de Gaulle, to the eastern Mediterranean, leading some analysts to believe that they will sign on to a battle. ''The assumption down here in the bunker is that the French don't want to be left out of the party,'' said John Pike of GlobalSecurity.org.
                      There is no doubt Chirac will want to look good towards the US in the end. Maybe just not now.

Comment

Vel,

Find some anti-US propaganda. The French empire looks stronger than ours now.
                        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I agree with your reading on it, Spiff, but I fear your leader may have overestimated what goodwill his carrier will generate.

Bush and company are *furious* over France's shenanigans against them thus far. If your leader is counting on the presence of the carrier to mend that fence, I think he's in for a nasty shock.

Our cowboy sensibilities don't work that way....

-=Vel=-

Comment

If the US couldn't get the 9 votes in the Security Council it needs for war, France has no need to use its veto power. It is less and less likely that the US will get a UN go-ahead now.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Duncan....but that's easy! It's all over the news sites....I had to really DIG for that French one!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Here's something I saw in the news on how the US and UK are trying to resolve this and save face. Evidently they are very concerned about the protests today.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid...united_nations
                                "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                                "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                                "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X