Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French carrier battle group heads for Gulf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiffor,

It's not that all our propellers work. I can tell you they don't allways. It's that we seem to have gotten an early start on you guys.
    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      Zkribbler

FOX reported today that the following joke was told by a US senator (don't recall who) on the floor of the senate:

"How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?"

Answer:

"They don't know, it's never been tried."

If we could transport that Senator back to sept. 1914: maybe we would be lucky and a shell would cut him in half. Sadly, no time travel, so no such luck.

As for the actual point: of course the French are hedging their bets. You never know when extra planes might come handy to the war effort.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Gepap doesn't get the joke.

Gepap,

They don't know how many Frenchmen it takes, because Paris has never been successfully defended.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
          Gepap doesn't get the joke.

Gepap,

They don't know how many Frenchmen it takes, because Paris has never been successfully defended.
          DuncanK; I more than go the pityful joke, which is why I mentioned sept. 1914. Do you know what happened in sept 1914?

The US has cultivated our allinece with Western Europe for 50 years, now, because of a disagreement over this issue, we will scrap it? I am sorry, but thie tenure of W is even worse than I could have feared back in 2000.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As it stands, my "pull my finger" caption is the cream of the crop of the jokes in this thread.
            "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
            - Lone Star

Comment

Gepap,

My Bad. You are right. Paris was defended then. I had forgoten about that.

Comment

"Weekend Update" can be funny, but you have to be there. You can't just tell the joke on a forum. I don't know if that joke was funny or not. Actually I only laugh at about 10% of the jokes, so it probably just tickled Drakes funny bone.

The SNL crowd seemed to like it.

You're right about jokes not being funny when just written down on a forum. You had to see the joke to get it, which is why I asked if anyone else had seen it. The way Tina Fey set it up made it hilarious...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
                  As it stands, my "pull my finger" caption is the cream of the crop of the jokes in this thread.
                  i agree
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Oh, this one's funny. The French are threatening to have the Charles de Gaulle return to home port! Scary stuff!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The French don't threaten to send ships, they threaten to bring them home!

Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Now Saddam is scared to death ! I told you so : leave it to us
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Goverments change what they say every day so it is more important to see exactly what they do.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin :
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think Bush already told him to go suck a lemon.

Comment

From the article about the "Charles de Gaulle":

Even the ship's name caused trouble. In 1986, President Mitterrand decided to call it the Richelieu

That was close...
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X