Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

missplaced priorties with this shuttel thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docfeelgood

I think if more thought like me there would a lot less parentless children in the world
    And a lot more middle-aged losers spending their lives on internet forums.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

internet is dangerous. Too many hackers and virus that might steal your credit card / personal information
      :-p

Comment

I think if more thought like me there would a lot less parentless children in the world
        There'd be a lot less people too (almost six billion less). But we'd still be getting eaten by lions and crocodiles too.

You can't shield children from the real world unless you want them to grow up crippled and unprepared to deal with it.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

this is how you get old
          No, it's how you get old before you're old. There are plenty of old people who went into space, and crossed the seas, and did all kinds of dangerous things. And there are plenty of people like you, who spent their whole life being dead, and never got to experience being alive.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Those "car driving" comparisons are great.

Would you drive the sort of car where, after 28 journeys, they'd be scraping your mortal remains off Texas with a spatula?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Depends on the situation. If it helped make the world a better place, maybe.

Comment

So why did they choose to become astronauts?

Money? power? GLORY?

I think they chose for the GLORY.

I can think of better ways to make more money to feed the kids.
                Parents do things because they love their children. If I follow your way of thinking none of the following professions should have anyone who is a parent.

1. Firefighters
                2. Police Officers
                3. Military
                4. Astronauts
                5. Airline personnel, those who fly.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them.
                So any of the people in these professions don't love their children because they are in dangerous jobs. I don’t mean to offend you or anyone else, but I take great offense to this way of thinking.

Comment

First of all, astronauts are among the bravest, and non-selfish people in our society. They risk their lives for the betterment of posterity -- in other words, their children. The scientific experiments they conduct in orbit may someday improve the lives of their future generations.

Now, to the nitty-gritty:

Docfeelgood's Rule 153, Section A, Page 1007:

Parents are forbidden to take up any job position or career that involves any safety risk.
                  Parents are forbidden to participate in the follow activities:
                  grocery shopping -- can get mowed over by a shopping cart used by a pyscho-maniac

pumping gas in car at gas station -- station could blow up with a gas tank leak

crossing street -- you could get mowed over

doing yard work -- any tools or implements with sharp objects are hereby outlawed

driving -- driving your own car entails inherent risks
                  riding public transportation -- entails inherent risks

If there are any questions, please refer to Section AB, Page 2023.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

the shuttle is still probably less risky than driving an automobile.

I don't agree with this thread at all.

If you don't take risks, you cease to have any meaningful purpose to life.

They do this for their children. This should be obvious. The best thing you can do for your children is to be the best person you can be. Not be a coward.

That's all that needs to be said in this thread. Case Closed!

Comment

Well, ya wanna git nasty about it, I don't give a good fvck what you think

Dout any of you have or will have any children because the closest thing to a peice of azz some of you can git is your finger slipping through the toilet paper.

Thank god there is a filter in your gene pool
                      Last edited by Docfeelgood; February 3, 2003, 15:06.

Comment

Those "car driving" comparisons are great.
                        Ya don't know what your talkin about.

1 in 75 is the odds of getting killed on a shuttel ride.

Can you use that pea between your ears to tell all of us what the odds of getting killed in a car wreck?

Hint: its in the millions!

Comment

the shuttle is still probably less risky than driving an automobile.

wanna bet on it?

Comment

The thing is, the astronauts' children will still be provided for, even after their death. Sure, it won't be as good as if the childrens fathers are still alive, but parents can't avoid living just to avoid a risk.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ya don't know what your talkin about.

1 in 75 is the odds of getting killed on a shuttel ride.

Can you use that pea between your ears to tell all of us what the odds of getting killed in a car wreck?

Hint: its in the millions!
                              You probably don't want to continue in that direction.
                              Learn to read more than just the first sentence.

Hint: He's providing evidence for your side.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yep. I will think bout this the next time I tell a crack head to think about the kids before they smoke another rock.

Hell, they are doing what they want to do

YEP, who are we to tell them not to have a bunch kids

Comment

Working...
                                X