Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

missplaced priorties with this shuttel thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is everybody so stupid! The world is filled with morons spreading their idiot opinions all over the world!

but...but...

I did not call you stupid!

Comment

At least if my father died while exploring space, I could have been proud of him. If he died during some military operation, I wouldn't have been nearly as proud.

And yes, I agree that a live parent is always preferrable, but as others have well said, everything is risky. You're then saying that parents can take no risks.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Only a selfish, irrispossable parent would put themselvs first

Comment

A selfish person would never want to die anyway, trying to do anything possible to avoid death.

Comment

A selfish person would never want to die anyway, trying to do anything possible to avoid death.

These people were riding a rocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
              I don't expect any you young folk to understand or you selfish ones to understand.
              I'm not young... I have children... and I'm not selfish, and I think you are totally wrong
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

See, Ming sees the point perfectly .

Comment

I'm not young... I have children... and I'm not selfish, and I think you are totally wrong

Thats ok, you can disagree, its America!

seriousely,I as a parent would never put my own ambitions before my children.

How can one have children knowing they may not see them finish the six grade because they choose to ride rockets?

Wanna ride rockests, don't have children to orphan.

Comment

Ahhh, but the car example is perfectly valid.

The FACT is, it ain't a safe world. I can't think of a single job that doesn't carry some risk, and from what you're saying, when a person becomes a PARENT, weighing the risk, and *always* coming down on the side of caution is the only answer.

So....the WTC should have been empty when the planes hit. After all, many of those folks were, no doubt, parents, and they should not have been so thoughtless.....they should have thought about the possibility.

In the same vein, NO PARENT should ever drive a car.

Too risky.

Which of course, means that no parent ought to work....given the possible risks inherent in transporting oneself to and from the workplace (which is, no matter what you do, filled up with dangers, both seen and unseen), this is simply something that parents cannot afford to do.

Of course, you see what happens when you follow the argument to its "logical" conclusion, yes?

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Doc, do you ever drive a car? Don't you feel that you might get into a car accident and never see your children again?

Comment

Oh, Vel has just made my point, he said what I wanted to, but was too lazy to type.

BTW, Master Vel, a great pleasure to see you addicted to Apolyton OTF .

Comment

As I heard 3 different announcers on news/radio said something to the ffect of "just when you expected shuttle flying to be routine operation...", yeah riding rocket is a dangerous task that may go wrong in so many aspects, but people become accustomed to routines if nothign seems to go wrong in such a streak. Which is why I questioned the courage part before. I certainly would have signed up if I could to fly to space completely ignoring the risks.

Which is why I'd disagree with you, Doc. The thought of not returning to see their kids probably didnt register much. Its not exaclt the same as flying a plane, but who really does think of their flight being the last one? If so, its most likely because of recent tragedy that reminds you something CAN go wrong.
                          :-p

Comment

Dang it, Solver.....I've been *trying* to stay away.....but OT is like a giant vacuum....once you get curious enough to take a peek, it sucks you in!

I've had a browser window open all day, while working on Candle'Bre stuff in Photoshop....guess which one I've been devoting more time to!?

-=Vel=-
                            (and thank ya for the welcome! I alwasy enjoy my forrays into the OT, even if this one has been tinged with tragedy....)
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I like you guys and I am not trying to belittle you,
                              so, bear with me, you guys know I have a hard time communicating my thoughts

I don't think you understand what I am tring to say.

Everything in life is a chance if getting you killed.
                              So why increase your chances of getting killed?

I don't think I can explain this one

Comment

I think I explained it VERY well. People get accustomed to routine procedures. Which is where errors can occur mostly. When things become routine, there is rarely no courage and risk to consider.

I dont blame them for not having to love their kids and choosing their ambition over children, nor am I calling them a coward. All I am saying is that they probably didnt get enough whiff of reality because of illusion routine procedure that everything may go alright. (Seriously which would have been more of a shocker news? shuttle lands safely or shuttle crashes?) Whether they are brave or career-minded over their kids remains to be tested. Current situation does not really reveal much about neither.

I couldn't help but bring this courage part again because same people who were arguing agst me is belittling the risk factor by saying that everything has a risk. I should have kept silent but if your gonna flame me go ahead. I'll shut up now.
                                Last edited by Zero; February 2, 2003, 17:01.
                                :-p

Comment

Working...
                                X