Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

missplaced priorties with this shuttel thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missplaced priorties with this shuttel thing.

I am not shocked by this tragic event that has occured over the skys of my home state.
    Not the first won't be the last.
    what I find disturbing is the fact that these parent atronughts were so rapped up in there personal gratifcation that they were not thinking about there children.
    What parent would ride a rocket to the sky with small children at home.
    These parents who put there own intrest before there children get no symapthy from me.
    Most of you will have no idea what Im trying to say unless you have children of your own.
    Any loss of life is tragic. These parent astroNAUGHTS knew the risk and still put themselves before there children.
    Oh well, this is how I feel.

Doc

I don't want to argue this

Any parent that flies a plane is a butt, for the plane might crash. Any parent who drives a car is a butt, for he might crash.

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Comment

Sorry Doc, can't agree with you.

Surely you wouldn't say the same about career military with family?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Well, Im not looking for anyone who has no children to understand.

I would just expect that as dangerous as these missions to the stars can be that they would require them to be single, childless, adults.

This is how I feel.

Looks to much like selfishness to me.

I don't expect any you young folk to understand or you selfish ones to understand.

Not trolling this is how I feel.

Comment

IMHO, it's irresponsible to choose an extremely risky job when you have a family, also a career in the military. And being an astronaut IS extremely dangerous and they knew it

But anyway, I don't really get the huge shock about this tragic accident. Come on, it HAD to happen at some time again. I actually already wondered, why nothing was happening for so long. And hey, when a plane crashes, generally many more people die. Now, you wouldn't hear me lamenting about this in the presence of the victims' families, but I don't see the national tragedy - spacefaring is a risky thing, accidents happen. Period.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

And actually the chances of a soldier in a dangerous area to die are even higher than the chances of astronauts to die, oftentimes.

And those people are heroes because they venture off in space exploration. They knew perfectly well of the dangers, they were sarcificing themselves for the humanity.

While it might be irresponsible to get a risky job with a family, there's just too much risks in life. Extreme sports, military, some parts of medicine, they're all risky. Just as driving a car to work every day is.

Comment

it's irresponsible to choose an extremely risky job when you have a family

Wernazuma III

Thanks

You say it better than my dumb azz ever could

Comment

A soldier will give there life to protect the country and the people.

What did these HEROS give besides there own lives?

and offspring with one parent?

Comment

As I posted a few times, I hate military service, in all forms and kinds thereof. It's surely great to have an army, but any military service sucks big time.

I believe that people who bring something to science are worth MUCH MUCH more than some soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
                      Well, Im not looking for anyone who has no children to understand.

I would just expect that as dangerous as these missions to the stars can be that they would require them to be single, childless, adults.

This is how I feel.

Looks to much like selfishness to me.

I don't expect any you young folk to understand or you selfish ones to understand.

Not trolling this is how I feel.
                      What, so parents aren't ever supposed to take risks? They can never try to escape North Korea to the Japanese embassy in China, so that there children may have a better life? They can never immigrate from their lowly livelyhoods in their old countries to more developed nations for the same reason?

Any parent that flies a plane is a butt, for the plane might crash. Any parent who drives a car is a butt, for he might crash.

really, come on. Are you suggesting no matter how good someone is for the job (of astronaught), if they had children and were good parents, they would have to decline because of the risk involved?

If i were the child of one of those astronaughts, i would be no doubt very sad now, but I would also be proud, both before this tragedy occured, and after. Id be proud because my parent was an astronaught, exploring the frontier of science, pushing back the boundries, going into space and doing what millions dream to do.

Kman
                      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Well,you want a hero father/mother
                        or
                        would you want a live father/mother?

Ask them.

Comment

"Hero ain't nuttin but a sandwich"

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            While it might be irresponsible to get a risky job with a family, there's just too much risks in life. Extreme sports, military, some parts of medicine, they're all risky. Just as driving a car to work every day is.
                            Well, a man with a family who risks his life in a very dangerous sport and who got a family acts irresponsible too. The example with the car is invalid though. Many people are simply BOUND to use the car if they wish to earn money to feed their families.
                            Like I think it's irresponsible to make a career in the army while having family you can't blame someone who got conscripted - you can't choose.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Doc

Why is everybody so stupid! The world is filled with morons spreading their idiot opinions all over the world!
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X