No announcement yet.

Baby Mental Delays linked to Vegetarian Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't stand being a vegetarian, let alone a vegan.

I really don't care if it makes me more likely to get some kind of disease sometime way in the future, men have been eating meat for as long as I can remember ( ) and it seems to work just fine.

Life wouldn't be the same without big, juicy steaks & burgers, bacon in the morning, etc. I'll take steak over vitamin pills any day.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Let's face facts we evolved as omnivores, ergo, an omnivorous diet is what our bodies are designed to eat. If you exclude certain parts of our "natural" diet then you're doing your body a disservice irrespective of whither you're excluding meat or vegetables.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

and it seems to work just fine.
        This works better:

my diet is fairly okinawaish in its general outline (except for less fish and tea and more salsa, chips and beer) and it so far so good
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

my diet is fairly okinawaish in its general outline (except for less fish and tea and more salsa, chips and beer)
          when I guess my diet is okinawaish as well.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Engivita yeast on popcorn tastes great! It's also one of the best sources of B-12. It's good on salads as well.

OH YA! You know what else the magic power know was Engivita yeast is good for? Cut firm Tofu in strips (about the size of chicken fingers), dip them in soy sauce then roll them in Engivita yeast and fry them (I fry then in Canola oil with a drop of sesame oil). Soooooo good.

Try and tell me what you think

A close friend of mine has raised her son Vegan, and he is strong as an ox. One of the toughest 6 year olds I have ever seen. Never been sick either, not a cold flu nothing. Funny, to spite his mom he took a free sample of Bacon from a guy at the grocery store. He was so sick for the rest of the night. He body was really upset about being treated nice its whole life then having that poison fed to it.
            " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
            February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Let's face facts we evolved as omnivores, ergo, an omnivorous diet is what our bodies are designed to eat. If you exclude certain parts of our "natural" diet then you're doing your body a disservice irrespective of whither you're excluding meat or vegetables.
              There is some controversy from Genesis on whether men originally were instructed to eat vegetables only.

For me, what makes a man unclean is what comes out of his mouth not what goes in. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll eat vegetarian with those who are.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                Castrated males also tend to suffer less from hear desease, and die older.

Have you schediuled your operation already?
                Wrong. Back in Italy when sometimes they would castrate some little boys to preserve their high singing voice, they would grow very fat and die young.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

There is some controversy from Genesis on whether men originally were instructed to eat vegetables only.

For me, what makes a man unclean is what comes out of his mouth not what goes in. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll eat vegetarian with those who are.
                  Who cares about the bible? Looking at real physiological evidence, we are omnivores. Look at our teeth or the nature of our alimentary canal.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Vegan, Vegetarian...all the same to me

Anyway, meat is GOOD. I've tasted spiced corn...its pretty good, but it can NEVER compare to a nicely spiced, large juicy STEAK.

The real key is balance. Going on one extreme or the other is unhealthy, however if you exercise regularly and have a good, balanced diet....you'll be healthy. So simply eating corn isn't good, but eating burgers for every meal isn't healthy either.

But dont deny yourself the pleasure of the great

MOTHER COW. Thats a silly thing to do
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Who cares about the bible? Looking at real physiological evidence, we are omnivores. Look at our teeth or the nature of our alimentary canal.
                      PH-
                      I never said we weren't omnivores!

Evolution can only say what we have become. Have human beings always been omnivores? Or for that reason, will we stay omnivores? Evolution can't favour one over the other.

Besides, it's a non-issue. Some will be herbrivores, others carnivores.

Best to keep the carnivores away from the herbrivores, though.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        that still doesn't change the fact plants taste like ****
                        Bizarre. Never eat coriander/cilantro?

How about rocket/roquette/arugula?

Mustard greens? Watercress? An apple? Roast aubergine/eggplant? Barbecued sweetcorn? Cassava chips? Honeydew melon? Pumpkin? Quandong? Illawarra plum?

They're all plants- and they taste great.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                        X