• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, ok then.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
      GP: As usual, you don't hit the nail on the head, but rather you hit your head on the nail.
      Isn't it wonderful and easy to try to make Germans shut up because they always feel that guilt from back then? Opposing Sharon's politics has nothing to do with Nazism!
      In principle, this is true. But being anti-Israel certain greenlights anti-Semitism.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by GP
        Have you noticed all these Germans and Austrians have a skull theme going...
        In my case it's been a joke in a multiplayer game. It went along with a declaration of war and was meant as a message to my opponent, not more. I'm sorry if it offended you and hope, you like my new avatar better. I could have explained it to you that day, but like Mazarin, I didn't intend to feed the troll.

But being anti-Israel certain greenlights anti-Semitism.
        I fail to see the logic in your statement, would you explain it, Ned? Being against Sharons policy has nothing to do with being anti-Israel or Antisemitic, just like criticizing Bushs foreign policy and being against the war in Iraq doesn't mean to be anti-American or to hate all Americans.

Comment

Ned? Put some effort into it, would you? Any less thought and subtlety in the trolls and you'll become Bob Dornan.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

LAZ...

Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I like it when Trappist scolds...

Comment

Those crazy Danes?!?! There always has struck me as something menacing and disturbing about their society
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Danish Scout Camp Features Nazi Game

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Danish Scout Camp Features Nazi Game

By Associated Press
                  January 23, 2003, 7:54 PM EST

COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- A Danish scout group acknowledged it "may have crossed the line" by organizing a game of tag in which adults pretending to be Nazis chased children dressed as Jews around a phony concentration camp.

The Danish Christian FDF scout group put up swastikas and Nazi-type signs and had the children wear yellow Stars of David as they were chased around the school yard at the Kongeaadal school, 161 miles southwest of Copenhagen.

One sign had the German words "Arbeit macht frei," or "Work will set you free," the infamous inscription over the entrance of the Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland.

"I was shocked," Johanna Christiansen, whose two daughters took part, told the Ekstra Bladet newspaper on Thursday. "It's wrong to expose children to this."

Jes Imer, of the local FDF chapter, told the tabloid B.T. that organizers "may have crossed the line this time with a night game where Nazis chase Jews."

"I don't know whether I should apologize," Imer told B.T. of the incident last weekend. "I didn't want the game to hurt anyone."

The group of about 160 scouts, aged 11-14 included a dozen teenagers from the Danish-speaking minority in northern Germany.

Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press
                  hi ,

it seems to be the general rule in europe , ....

well Aliyah is the best for the ones still there

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

This post edited by Ming...

Now that's stepping over the line Jaakko... one more post like that and you are toast.

I don't care if you were "trying to be funny"...
                    Last edited by Ming; January 24, 2003, 19:19.
                    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                    - Lone Star

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                      Whats the big deal? Israel does the same thing except on a much grander level...

hi ,

what are you talking about , .......

this is about "DANISH SCOUT CAMP FEATURES NAZI GAME" , .......

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Sorry Ming, it just makes my blood boil when cases like this are reflected on "the European character". Won't do it again.
                        "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                        - Lone Star

Comment

• I think the difference between the "black man" game and cowboys and indians was that people wanted to be both comwboys and indians. Personally I never played it, and I don't think many people in America really do - but if you look at shows and movies made from the 1950s on Native Americans were on the whole represented positively which made us respect them. We've also heard in our history classes how they invented guerilla warfare and how we used some of those techniques in the Revolutionary War. So, when we played indians and cowboys (at least this is the impression I get) we're just playing a war game that involves two different sets of people that we never see. I guess you could see it as playing Romans and Barbarians (germanic tribes), or some similar clash of two cultures that fought each other.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

• Interesting that this should happen in Denmark, one of the few countries that didn't cooperate with Hitler's Jewish Solution either overtly or covertly. IIRC, the Jewish population in Denmark had the highest survival rate out of the occupied countries (less than 100 dead, I think), the police and resistence went to great trouble to hide them, and even moved nearly the entire population in fishing boats to safety in Sweden.
                            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

• I think the difference between the "black man" game and cowboys and indians was that people wanted to be both comwboys and indians.
                              Did somebody tell you or did you figure that out all by yourself? I guess I'm really weird enjoying both running from and running after someone as a kid. I'm curious about how you came to this conclusion anyway. I can't remember all the posts but somehow I have a feeling nobody mentioned being black in the game sucks...

Comment

• Originally posted by panag

hi ,

what are you talking about , .......

this is about "DANISH SCOUT CAMP FEATURES NAZI GAME" , .......
                                I know. I was asking why a Danish scount camp playing Nazis and Jews is such a big deal considering Israel plays a VERY similar game every day.

have a nice day
                                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X