No announcement yet.

Danish Scout Camp Features Nazi Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you are not lucky freak, you are just a young freak, DroseDars.

About the black man. In the early 90's the word 'neekeri' (you can guess the original word) was an acceptable word. But due to the linguistical pressure by the foreign countries, the status of that word has changed.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I blame the adults!
      We don't have that same kind of PC thing as you do in the States. Well we're developing it, since we're not isolated anymore.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I understand that, Pekka. Kids don't get it, but adults do and they allowed it. Almost certainly it evolved as a reference to Africans, but who originated the game is lost to time...as is their intention.
        http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=innocent*1+0 something to think about no? The adults were evil you think? Sure hope not.

I don't want to beat the dead horse, so I'll just say I'm glad you've realized the problem with the way that game was played in the past and leave it at that.
        What problem? It wasn't a problem for anyone back then. The only problem is when uptight people NOW hear about the "evil old days" and whine.
        Not everything is about race, go figure huh.

Comment

aaglo, yes but the word 'neekeri' means negro. Not that other word. It's not that acceptable anymore, but people need to understand that it didn't mean anything, and that it was not meant to be offensive.

People simply did not know what is ok to say and what is not. I think black man in finnish is a bit offensive, more as it is in english. Of course people could think about it and just call them by their first name .
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

tinyp3nis, exactly, it was not a problem then. It wasn't meant to be racist. Anway, I think you see the problem now though... since there are black kids in schools, so it's maybe not the coolest thing, because you can play it with different name.
            In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, that other word also meant negro.

Comment

I don't follow you.

Neekeri = Negro
                Nekru = ******
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  tinyp3nis, exactly, it was not a problem then. It wasn't meant to be racist. Anway, I think you see the problem now though... since there are black kids in schools, so it's maybe not the coolest thing, because you can play it with different name.
                  Yeah, It's not the word you use, it's the fact that if you are mentioned separately it hurts. Sometimes PC can be really offensive. It tells that the person speaking is obviously thinking about the race/difference in the other person(if person is different in other ways, handicapped etc).

Comment

Nekru = shorter version of neekeri

Comment

aaglo, no it's not. It's exaclty like I posted there. Go live in your cave, lande!
                      In da butt.

Comment

Nekru is not just a short version of Neekeri. Nekru is definitely meant to be offensive, like the word '******', and that is what it means, exact translation. Dude, you got your finnish messed up .
                        In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, you are so young boy, that you obviously don't know the true story about those finnish words...

You'd better ask your mom to change your diapers.

Comment

No, it's you that is wrong! But if you're so sure about yourself, why don't you educate me and tell the story about it, and not some 'this is how I grew up', but official with sources?
                            In da butt.

Comment

HEY!!! Knock that off! Don't you be turning this into another "Finnish Language" thread.

*Sigh* Finns...

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

god bless drosedars for ending the finnish sausage fest
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X