This is hilarious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    a cordless drill . But this is a necessary one to have.
    Except for Bill Clinton, who did not even recognize what one was.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Just assembled a second bookcase myself, and the back wall ended up backwards. Needless to say, I was too lazy to actually fix it, so now I have a perfectly functional albeit butt ugly bookcase.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Allen wrenches == Allen keys.

No ****, Sherlock.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Allen wrenches == Allen keys.

Phillips screws < Robertson screws.
          Mathematically does that not mean that wrenches are the same as keys?
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by GP
            square on the outside or a square groove? Does the screwed-in screw rest flush? I'd still like to see some good pictures or a diagram.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I bought a big desk on rolling castors.

Assembly was no problem.

Big problem was me putting a several hundred pound TV on top. Nothing for several days.

But ever so slowly I noticed* that the castors had been bending under the weight and that they weren't rolling, they were squashed into egg shapes.

The challenge:
              How to get them out with out mangling the nice imitation cherry finish.

How to put in stronger, heavy duty steel castors instead of these plastic ones.

I've taken out stripped screws before, but not castors. There doesn't seem to be anything to grip.

*I push the thing around and it was so heavy I didn't notice it wasn't actually rolling.
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Get a car jack and a hammer. Guard the wood finish with a thin piece of wood. Jack up the desk and knock the castors off.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Car jack?

It's only about as heavy as a refridgerator, two people can lift it (very very carefully).
                  "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

The car jack will keep it there, though...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger

Tool nazi.

Comment

• Is the head like a square bolt that you'd put a socket on? Or is it like a square impression, that you'd out a square allen wrench into?

Comment

• Tool nazi.
                          No, just classic GP.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I just turned it upside down and put it on blanket.

Now I'm going to forget it about for a while.

Comment

• If the extra bits in my bit set are what I think they are, it's the latter.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• whimper

Comment

Working...
                                X