This is hilarious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I don't recall mentioning car batteries, but go ahead if you must. Just remeber that if you are electrocuted during this procedure that the statistics on out-of -hospital resuscitations are very dismal. Even if you have someone experienced in CPR present at the scene of your demise, the chance of successful resuscitation is only 10% or less. Even within a hospital your chances would be much less than 50%. Your best chance is if you are within the CCU, ICU or surgery, so if you're going to attempt to defibrillate your car I would suggest driving over to the local hospital and driving it upstairs to the Intnesive Care Unit. This won't improve the car's chances, but it will improve yours.

You forgot to tell him to make sure the battery was dry.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
      Allen key? Was ist das?
      You've gotta be kidding.

My father was a tool salesman for Snap-On for 25 years or so, so I grew up doing this sort of ****...

We even had discussions about why Americans don't use Robertson screws (NIH syndrome)...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I don't recall mentioning car batteries, but go ahead if you must. Just remeber that if you are electrocuted during this procedure that the statistics on out-of -hospital resuscitations are very dismal. Even if you have someone experienced in CPR present at the scene of your demise, the chance of successful resuscitation is only 10% or less. Even within a hospital your chances would be much less than 50%. Your best chance is if you are within the CCU, ICU or surgery, so if you're going to attempt to defibrillate your car I would suggest driving over to the local hospital and driving it upstairs to the Intnesive Care Unit. This won't improve the car's chances, but it will improve yours.
        How much voltage does a defib put out?

I had a friend who short-circuited a 900-volt power source for an ion gun with his arm, and he was okay (except for the blisters...)
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And needless to say I've taken household current at least 3-4 times.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You've gotta be kidding.

My father was a tool salesman for Snap-On for 25 years or so, so I grew up doing this sort of ****...

We even had discussions about why Americans don't use Robertson screws (NIH syndrome)...
            I'm not kidding and I don't know what a Robertson screw is either
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
              And needless to say I've taken household current at least 3-4 times.
              I've been bit before also. But house current is nothing to mess with. 120/60 can kill you.

Comment

Do you know how to operate a hammer?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe if it's across your chest, but across your arm or hand all it does is make you jump...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sure, I can swing a hammer around. I doubt I'd be too accurate in terms of hitting a nail, though.
                    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

I'm not kidding and I don't know what a Robertson screw is either
                      The best screw ever invented. More torque than any other on the market.

Came out with it a couple years before the Phillips screw, which is inferior...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I never missed an oportunity to psyche out wargames. One of best involve a table and scewdrivers. I bought a large homenade gaming table for the humongous map game War In Europe. We bring it over on a trucl and then we are going to diassemble it, clean it up, take it into the gaming room, and put it back together. Having look it over, I had an idea what we were in for, tanking out and 60 4" long screws. I time it well and just when my two buddies are starting to wilt in the heat in my back driveway, I see my suprise go pass the driveway to park in front. Then I hear him coming around the corner into the driveway. I tell the other gamers. "You know Barrett (Lefty) always has good reserves in his pocket at the critical moments, and what we need now is MORE POWER." Then here comes one of my contractors, a huge carpenter, dripping about 30 lbs of power tools, marching up the the driveway. Got 'em again.
                        And needless to say, I took the oportunity to improve the table, we put back together with bolts instead of screws.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

There isn't a good diagram of the screw on that site.

Comment

"Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Robertson screws are simply square-heads...painfully simple.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's just a square-recess, tapered a bit and pointed at the end (think of the bit as the Washington monument).

It holds on much better than even a Phillips head and, because of a new manufacturing process invented by Robertson it cost less to produce than either the Phillips or the slotted head screws. Very standard use here, but apparently not as widespread everywhere else.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X