Your Future Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, with all that we've got, it's hard to be humble
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

2010 - The US tries and fails again to convert to metric.

2012 - The Euro and the Canadian dollar reach equilibium. Unfortunately, that is at 45 US cents.

2014 - US has widespread fuel cell technology, and (coincidentally) ends all political interest in the Mid East.

2020 - Having solved the medical expense dillemma of costs associated with the increasing number of Alzheimer's patients by refusing to research cures, the US decides to stop wasting money on all medical research involving "elder diseases". Average US age decreases rapidly, relieving the health-care crisis.

2030 - US uses new time-travel technology to send new smart WMD back to 1991 to assure that Saddam is removed in Gulf War I. For political reasons, it doesn't work this time either.

2040 - Aliens land in all nations offerring solutions to all sociocultural problems. US, EU, Indian, United Koreans, and Chinese overwhelm aliems and reverse-engineer the technology. Adding weapons, Terrans launch into space.

2050 - cavebear dies at age 100. World mourns. At same time, immortality discovered; cavebear is last human to die of natural causes.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that all the predictions are really bleak?
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The world will end. Period. No need to buy that new car.
          You make my life and times
          A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

What's with everyone predicting that the US is going to fall apart or become a police state. Here's some good predictions:

2004: EU falls apart over stupid things like whether feta cheese can only really come from Greece.

2005: The U.K. falls apart after realizing that the monarchy is stupid and a waste of money. Tony Blair creates a police state and names himself Lord Emperor for Life but nobody takes him seriously.

2008: France continues to suck.

2010: Germany takes over Benelux countries. Nobody really cares.

2012: Norway decides to do the opposite of Sweden in the Kalmar Union and is annexed by Denmark (Game Over).

2014: U.S. gets bored and picks a fight with Papua New Guinia. Little does anyone know but their a nuclear power. Whoops nuclear holocaust started. SUper intelligent possoms take over the world.
            When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
            ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
              rather depressing, isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                Hey, I lived to be 100. That's not too bleak. And before you ask, I was in good health at the time of my death.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Cavebear still healthy when you die?? How you gonna manage that? Maybe get shot by a jealous husband?

Comment

Working...
                  X