No announcement yet.

Pregnant Barbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I'm curious as to why the article failed to report the actual complaints. Usually when a product is recalled like this, they provide quotes from the people objecting to the product. It seems quite benign to have a pregnant barbie, except for the depiction of the child within the womb.

Could this be the reason for the uproar?

"Sounds like the kind of thing the religious right would spew, dunnit?"

Sure, and all religious folks keep their wives locked up in the house all day. It's a real good way to keep them out of trouble and subservient to the head of the house. There is no reason to infer from the article posted that the people objecting to the barbie were from the religious right.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually I think the objecters were on the extreme left. They can't stand the fact that a woman might actually want a baby. They feel a woman can only be happy with a job, and making more money than a man. Too them any kind of child birth at a young age is unacceptable.

But I'm taking an extreme stance on that paragraph above. I doubt that many people think like that.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18 Sure, and all religious folks keep their wives locked up in the house all day. It's a real good way to keep them out of trouble and subservient to the head of the house. There is no reason to infer from the article posted that the people objecting to the barbie were from the religious right.
          Did I say "sounds like the kind of thing religious people would say"? No, I'm pretty sure I didn't; I said the religious right, which is a horse of a different color entirely.

And no, I didn't infer from the article that they were members of the religious right. I hypothesized such, which is why I said "sounds like.. doesn't it?".
          darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
          Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

Comment

Trying to revive threads dropped earlier:

darkgrendel:

Define religious right vs. religious people

What is the difference and how do they differ? I'm not sure we are working from the same page here.

Dissident- some people espouse those 'extreme' left views. I see them from time to time, and while they are not large in numbers, they are usually vocal. Very sad.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
            X