President Bush Jr's Scorecard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ned
    Grrr, I can see it all now. Your idealized woman is the rotund peasant commune worker, dressed in drab grey with no adorments whatsoever. No makup. No perfume. No manners.
    Of course not. Note the smilie at the bottom of my post. But then again ... the other extreme:

uke:

The idealised woman ... dumb, dressed with no real style, overadorned with to much makeup to hide here true self. No interesting life.

I'd rather go out with a fat interesting peasant to be honest.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars-E
      14. Unwilling to let American war criminals be tried for an international court just like us mere mortals (non-Americans).

Did I skim too fast thru this thread or is this not important enuff????
      Not important enuff
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
        I'd rather go out with a fat interesting peasant to be honest.
        I'd rather go out with the interesting babe

It's funny how you "ASSUME" that Americas entry into the miss world contest has no life... isn't interesting... hides her true self... yet you don't even know her. You are making your assumptions based solely on a picture. How shallow can you get I'm sure if she saw a picture of you, she would probably not think so bad of you based just on a picture
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's commies for you... super shallow .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That picture really does look bad. I hope she doesn't look as photoshopped in real life, otherwise I know a rack of girls that would be better candidates, just in my hometown and college.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The argument that you will not be poor if you work hard is BS. My parents have worked hard all thier lives but we still live from paycheck to paycheck, classic working class. To become rich you need to be born to a rich family, or be lucky. (Lottery, Pro sports, Acting, Music,etc.) Also, You are limited (generally) by your education and most poor people don't have the money to go to college (Community colleges and tech schools don't count, I feel, as real secondary education)

Comment

To become rich you need to be born to a rich family, or be lucky.

Bull****! My dad came over from Pakistan with hardly anything. He had to go to the University of Wyoming to get accredited in the US in engineering and my parents, when me and my bro were kids were so poor they didn't even own a dining table (we ate on the breakfast bar in the kitchen).

NOW, he's Head of Engineering at the Country Utilities Authority and makes close to $100,000.

My g/f's parents were poor when they were married. They had little money. Now her dad is head of Merck's Credit Union and makes good money.

So don't tell me you can't make it good with hard work. I've witnessed it!!

Also, You are limited (generally) by your education and most poor people don't have the money to go to college (Community colleges and tech schools don't count, I feel, as real secondary education)

Again, bull****! There are plenty of loans. One of my good friends in college had to go to community college and then transfered into Rutgers. Graduated with finance and now works at Accenture making a pretty good salary (around $50,000 per annum).
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The argument that you will not be poor if you work hard is BS. My parents have worked hard all thier lives but we still live from paycheck to paycheck, classic working class. To become rich you need to be born to a rich family, or be lucky. (Lottery, Pro sports, Acting, Music,etc.)

My parents grew up poor in rural Nebraska and managed to make it into the upper-middle class tax bracket through hard work. My dad started out working in packing houses (about the worst job you can get) and is now a successful small business owner. My mom grew up on a tiny farm in western Nebraska and is doing quite well for herself as a public school teacher. So, obviously, your argument is BS. If you work hard, you won't be poor.

Of course, my anecdotes don't really prove anything, but they carry just as much weight as your's do. Do you have anything other than anecdotal evidence to back up your point?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                    To become rich you need to be born to a rich family, or be lucky. (Lottery, Pro sports, Acting, Music,etc.)

Tell that to all the people that come to this country with no money in their pockets, don't even speak english, and succeed wonderfully... And tell that to the kids from the poor part of town that work hard, stay out of the gangs, go to college on scholarships and make a successful life for themselves...

Sure, it is hard... but it is done all the time... by people who started off as worse as your parents did.

They just made different choices in their lives... and obviously... better choices. They understood the system, and used it, instead of letting the system use them.

My father's dad died when he was seven. He had to start working when he was really young to help support his family. You can't get much poorer than he was.

He joined the Navy so that he could get a college scholarship, got his degree... and then went into business. He retired before age 50 a very wealthy man. There wasn't a bit of LUCK involved!
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

I see I'm not the only one breaking out the anecdotes...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I believe Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton all were born into poor or modestly poor circumstances. Yet they all succeeded, to say the least.

There is no aristocracy in the United States in the sense that you suggest there is, Odin. Anyone with enough talent and brains can become a billionaire or president of the United States, or marry the prettiest girl on the block. And those that are born rich can lose it all through bad luck, but more often due to stupidity.
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Drake, Ming:

The American Dream still lives, eh?

Ned: Nixon, especially, was dirt poor. Clinton wasn't much better off. Carter wasn't rich by any measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            The American Dream still lives, eh?
                            Yes... the American Dream isn't just "dream", it's a reality for those who are willing to work and willing to understand the system. I do feel for those that have to work hard all their lives and get very little back in return.

But I also think they didn't live up to their potential. My favorite example is a this guy in our high school graduation class. He came from a poor family and was voted most likely to fail in life, or end of in jail... I don't remember which. He was never the smartest guy in the world, and never went on to college.

He went into the landscaping business.. and is now probably in the top one percent of US in terms of wealth... He was never "smart"... but he sure understood the system.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming: those are the exceptions, not the rule.

Imran: Your friend then left comunity college and went to rutgers, so that is irrelavent. Community colleges and tech schools are only 2-year as far as I know, and an associates degree is only slightly better than high school.

Comment

Ming: those are the exceptions, not the rule.

We have three people on our side. You have one. So who's the exception here?
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X