This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those few left on the field.
    Well they'll have to be pretty creative to make up for their sidelined comrades
    Last edited by NeoStar; November 26, 2002, 06:14.
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

• I can see the day when, after 22 red cards, the Springboks' oppo will have no one to shake hands with at the end of the game.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
        Don't know about Andy but I was thinking about my pot of 10 against a pot of 75 - possibly leading to a win of the kind finbar had one or two threads ago.

At any rate I can take my mind off botching that one with the knowledge that I botched the England-boks game by much more ... Oh ...

And my pot of gold lightens yet again...
        Just makes it more easy to carry about

[SIZE=1] Originally posted by ravagon [/SIZE
        Are the Englanders actually favourites yet? Heaven help us if thats the case.
        Heaven help us indeed, the boys don't need that kind of pressure. Despite some good performances playing in Australia is a different game, however I pray in big advance for rain in important games

None taken, I'm a kiwi, so feel free to bash american sports anytime you feel like it.
        Ah, I'm glad to hear you’re full blooded. So many are becoming Americanised these days, their culture spreads like the plague

I'm reading a bit on the conduct of the Boks, well if people expect them to really wipe out their violent team mentality they are optimists indeed. Their aggression at least has more class than the nonsense we’ve seen from the Argentines and for better (but mostly for worse) that's the way they are, and I find it just another part of rugby's colourful personality.

BTW Gregan has finally acknowledged the terrible shape his team is in. Well done George, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

On that I hope the boys keep their heads from floating away, they can't afford to get cocky. We have yet to deliver this cutting form in the South. Well, we can always count on the scathing English papers to keep them humble, even if half of what they write is bullocks Not to mention old Johnson, he should be much too cynical by now.

Originally posted by ravagon
        caught a news clip last night about the Wallabies win over Italy. Apparently defeating the mighty Italians makes up for losing to both the English and the Irish.
        You just wait, the Italians shall become mighty over time . . . . . . . . . .

(And that’s no slight on the loudmouth, I am pretty sure he’s not Italian despite the flag next to his name )
        "Where the internet be free, high technology there be" - Journeyman journeys to Hong Kong Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
          I can see the day when, after 22 red cards, the Springboks' oppo will have no one to shake hands with at the end of the game.
          Ah, but if they'd done enough injury to be handed 22 red cards would the opposing team want to shake hands?

Better yet, would any of them still be on the field either?
          "Where the internet be free, high technology there be" - Journeyman journeys to Hong Kong Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by Journeyman

BTW Gregan has finally acknowledged the terrible shape his team is in. Well done George, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
            Where? It's certainly not being reported here.

You just wait, the Italians shall become mighty over time . . . . . . . . . .

(And that’s no slight on the loudmouth, I am pretty sure he’s not Italian despite the flag next to his name )
            I was talking to an English friend of mine who told me Leicester is a place best driven through very very quickly.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• The thing is was Finbar adding my traditional *spit* for Mr Andrew or was he pointing out one’s rather poor grammar once again?

Despite some good performances playing in Australia is a different game, however I pray in big advance for rain in important games
              I didn’t see it myself as I avoid the English papers like a plague (spot on analysis of them by my ex-pat colleague) but one of the Sundays ran an analysis of the “only at home” point about England and do you know what? That’s right – since the last RWC England’s percentage win ratio both home and away is superior to any of the tri-nations sides.

There’s a flaw in using this logic with a view to next year of course. My money is on all you guys getting it in seconds. Who will be first to point it out?

Not to mention old Johnson, he should be much too cynical by now.
              Look Finbar – he was mentioned and not by me!!!

Spiritually Italian is the PC expression. A love of fine food, fine wine and fine women?

Though whether he shares the mediteranean lack of a work ethic…?
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                I understand. WE means US then?
                I originally intended to write : No, WE means US.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Spiritually Italian is the PC expression. A love of fine food, fine wine and fine women?
                  I would rather talk about the need of a spiritual home because of a lack of fine food and fine wine in fair Australia (I won't say the same about the fine women as it won't be kind to Madame Finbar)...

I'am definitely a Mediterranean...
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The thing is was Finbar adding my traditional *spit* for Mr Andrew or was he pointing out one’s rather poor grammar once again?
                    It was my very own personal spit, thanks. 1995 might be 7 long years ago but it feels like yesterday!

Look Finbar – he was mentioned and not by me!!!
                    Obviously something drummed into Poms in kindergarten.

Actually it's their priorities in life that I truly admire. If more of the world shared them, it would be a better place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      I originally intended to write : No, WE means US.
                      I reiterate - will you two please sort out your subject and object pronouns! Any English teacher blundering into this thread would have conniptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                        I would rather talk about the need of a spiritual home because of a lack of fine food and fine wine in fair Australia (I won't say the same about the fine women as it won't be kind to Madame Finbar)...
                        We have plenty of all three, mon ami. It's just, in many, many ways, an a*sehole of a place.

I'am definitely a Mediterranean...
                        *green with envy*

Comment

Actually it's their priorities in life that I truly admire. If more of the world shared them, it would be a better place.
                          The priorities you are talking about is a common trait of the Latin countries France belongs to though Italia and Spain are perhaps best defending their way of life than we do.

Mais pour combien de temps encore...

Comment

*spit*
                            I see I'm not the only one still traumatised by the '95 RWC.
                            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• You think YOU guys are traumatised?

Do you recall what Lomu did to us back when he was still good?
                              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

You think YOU guys are traumatised?

Do you recall what Lomu did to us back when he was still good?
                                Ahhh, those were the days...

Lomu charges over Catt, Catt seeks psychological help.
                                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                                X