X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Havak
    We will most certainly win.
    Fumble! Double post...
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

We will most certainly win.

Tsss! Tsss! Tsss!

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I don't get it, I would have thought for sure they would show highlights of NZ v Wales ahead of Ireland v Argentina highlights.
        Maybe it is becuase the BBC had the rights to that game. Sometimes they don't co-operate that fully for highlights to be shown on the other?

I saw some fantastic pushover tries
        Classic England stuff.

and that late tackle on Wilko was a shocker
        Straeuli claimed his man was "pulling out" of it.

You likied my interpretation of "WE" then Tamerlin?
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Classic England stuff.
          I noticed Neil Back got one of them, I'm sure you were happy to see that. Did he get a start in yesterdays game or was he one of the many injury subs?

Straeuli claimed his man was "pulling out" of it.
          Ridiculous. I saw a few bits of an interview with Woodward as well, and he seemed pretty upset with the Boks dangerous play. Hopefully the injured England players will all recover quickly.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Backy started both this game and the one against Finbar's mob. I've seen him do the same pushover thing time and time again for his club.

Yeah Woodward was not happy but then he seldom is post match.

Most of the knocks were very short term stuff but Robinson may be out for a week (perforated eardrum) and more worringly they can't find what is causing the pain in Wilkinson's shoulder - he may be out for some time.
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Backy started both this game and the one against Finbar's mob. I've seen him do the same pushover thing time and time again for his club.
              Great stuff. Cohen's try was also brilliant.

Most of the knocks were very short term stuff but Robinson may be out for a week (perforated eardrum) and more worringly they can't find what is causing the pain in Wilkinson's shoulder - he may be out for some time.
              That sucks. How long does he have to recover before the club games start up again?
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Maybe it is becuase the BBC had the rights to that game. Sometimes they don't co-operate that fully for highlights to be shown on the other?
                FoxSports - which is basically Sky - showed replays of both the England and All Blacks games here. But - have I mentioned this before at all? - nothing of the Wallabies match!
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You likied my interpretation of "WE" then Tamerlin?
                  No, WE does not mean YOU !

Comment

• I can't believe the England vs Springbok highlights, you'd think they'd have cleaned up their act somewhat getting this close Well, at least they'll be entertaining.
                    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

• caught a news clip last night about the Wallabies win over Italy. Apparently defeating the mighty Italians makes up for losing to both the English and the Irish.

Brings to mind that old expression - "If at first you don't succeed, redefine success until you do."

I hope the NZ press isn't putting such a spin on the AB's tour. Although the match against England was, by all accounts, one of the best imaginable, with no shame in losing so narrowly, France was a different matter.
                      AB's played poorly and were lucky to escape with a draw. Finally a reasonably easy win over Wales.

It could've been worse of course but this probably wasn't what the NZRU had in mind as the expected outcome after a successfull tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                        caught a news clip last night about the Wallabies win over Italy. Apparently defeating the mighty Italians makes up for losing to both the English and the Irish.

Brings to mind that old expression - "If at first you don't succeed, redefine success until you do."
                        Well, indeed.

I hope the NZ press isn't putting such a spin on the AB's tour. Although the match against England was, by all accounts, one of the best imaginable, with no shame in losing so narrowly, France was a different matter.
                        AB's played poorly and were lucky to escape with a draw. Finally a reasonably easy win over Wales.
                        I think, given the make-up of the squad, they did very well. Their backline work against both England and Wales was sensational - and it wasn't just the old heads (Umaga, et al) who were doing the damage. The younger brigade were fitting in very well. Their pack was pushed around by the Welsh but they were, after all, missing a couple of handy locks.
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoStar
                          Well, at least they'll be entertaining.
                          Those few left on the field.

Comment

• Great stuff. Cohen's try was also brilliant
                            And Greenwoods second. The ‘show and go’ almost qualified as a decoy runner as it drew the tackler onto a non ball carrier. Almost.

That sucks. How long does he have to recover before the club games start up again?
                            This weekend. And Newcastle’s second line Fly half is long term injured too. Poor old Rob Andrew.

But - have I mentioned this before at all? - nothing of the Wallabies match
                            You may have mentioned it in passing perhaps. It is ludicrous really – they definitely had rights to the highlights as I watched them on Sky (have I mentioned that?).

No, WE does not mean YOU !
                            I understand. WE means US then?

Comment

And Greenwoods second. The ‘show and go’ almost qualified as a decoy runner as it drew the tackler onto a non ball carrier. Almost.
                              Which reminds me! I did see a couple of decoy-running attempts. Hamfisted, but at least they're giving it a burl.

as I watched them on Sky (have I mentioned that?).

I understand. WE means US then?
                              Will you two please sort out your subject and object pronouns!

Comment

Poor old Rob Andrew.
                                *spit*

Comment

Working...
                                X