Most Irritating accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boshko
    You also get "wicked" in Down East (the REAL term for the Maine accent), never heard of "oh my head" as an idiom though...
    You definitely hear "wicked" in New Hampster. Didn't know it had crawled as far north as Maine.

"Oh my head" is an exclamation like "f-in A," generally used to underline the speaker's incredulity. "Look at that girl's hooters -- oh my head!" or "I was soooooo drunk last night -- oh my head!"

Now excuse me, but I'm late for candlepin bowling in Wuhstah.
    It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

• Cockney or Brummy.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• The worst accents:

British, Scottish, Wellish and Irish

No other accent beats those in annoyance
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADG
          The worst accents:

British, Scottish, Wellish and Irish

No other accent beats those in annoyance
          There isn't one british accent.
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStinger
            There isn't one british accent.
            Well...for me, everything that's from "great" britain is british (hmmm...then I shouldn't have put Scottish and Wellish on)

To make it clear: The accents from "Great" britain (I have heard) is just too annoying...

Comment

• It's got to be the French
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

• Wellish
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Boddington's
                  Wellish
                  Just had a look on how the right way to spell it was...could have been worse

Comment

• I vote for Lady Deirdre Skye.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Just to make everyone understand (EU2 logic):

SD and I had "very good" relations. Then he got on me, thus providing me with a casus belli against him. So I unsulted him in order to get worse relations. Apart from that, we're from different nations (replacing religions from EU2) and have never net (no royal marriage). I can now declare war upon him without being afraid of stability loss

Comment

• Yes, but he has more allies and a bigger...army. Sure you wanna?
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• You forgot to add that you have a bad boy image.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• SD, he is German, so it would be redundant, wouldn't it?
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Nothing wrong with tautologies if they emphasise a point though.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefu
                                Of Finnish accents (when talking Finnish), Rauma and Turku accents (in fact, any accent apparently affected by Swedish) are annoying, and the 'Stadi Slang' of Helsinkians sounds somehow unbelievably pretentious.
                                Accents = Dialects?
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X