No announcement yet.

The Friends of Mrs Finbar's Camelia Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think Sneak must go around with a piece of Kraft processed cheese on his head.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Turned into a cheese stick even. Make for a soft touch on the keyboard anyway. The smudges would be a pain to have to wipe off.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• THIS IS WAR!!!!

TILLAMOOK CHEESE & MAGIC PEPPER CHICKEN

5 tablespoons Cajun Magic, Poultry Magic
        1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
        2 Chickens cut up, at room temperature
        Vegetable Oil for frying
        2 cups each chopped Green Bell Peppers and Onions
        2 (4 ounce) cans whole Green Chilies, rinsed and chopped
        2 Bay Leaves
        2 teaspoons minced Garlic
        2 tablespoons finely chopped Jalapeno Peppers
        4 cups Chicken Stock
        1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
        1 cup Sour Cream
        ¾ cups each Tillamook Jalapeno and Monterey Jack, grated
        1 ½ cups Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, grated
        Mix 1 tbsp. Cajun Magic, Poultry Magic with flour, set aside. Sprinkle remaining (CM, PM) over chicken. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Reserve leftover flour. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in skillet to 350 degrees. Fry chicken skin side down until light brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve oil, leaving sediment in skillet; return ½ cup oil to skillet. Add bell pepper, onion, and ½ the green chilies; mix vegetables with sediment on pan bottom. Cook onions until brown. Add bay leaves, and garlic. Sprinkle 3 tbsp. of reserved flour on vegetable mixture. Stir in jalapeno peppers; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1-cup chicken stock and scrape pan bottom. Stir in 2 more cups of stock. Remove from heat. Place chicken in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add vegetable mixture and remaining 1-cup stock. Bring to simmer over low heat. Do not scorch. Add remaining green chilies, cream and sour cream. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add Tillamook cheeses and cook until cheese melts. Spoon cheese sauce on plate and top with 2 pieces chicken per serving. Garnish with green, red and yellow pepper strips.

So, now I'm the fat cheese-eatin' pu**sy who couldn't save a houseplant if his own life depended on it?!?
        Does wonders for the self esteem.
        I will continue to post cheese based recipes and factoids until this harsh and unfair characterization has been rescinded.
        Life and death is a grave matter;
        all things pass quickly away.
        Each of you must be completely alert;
        never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• TILLAMOOK BAY CHEESE BAKE

1 lb. Tillamook Monterey Jack, grated
          1 lb. Tillamook Medium Cheddar, grated
          6 eggs separated
          ½ lb. fresh bay shrimp
          6–8 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
          ¼ cup chopped green onion
          1 cup canned evaporated milk undiluted (or fresh half & half cream)
          2 tablespoons flour
          ½ teaspoon black pepper
          ½ teaspoon salt
          ¼ teaspoon basil
          2–3 medium tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine cheese, shrimp and green onions. Beat egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, flour, salt, pepper and basil. Fold beaten egg white into egg yolk mixture, then fold in cheese and shrimp mixture. Turn into well-buttered oblong baking dish (12 and arrange artichoke quarters evenly over the casserole. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and arrange tomato slices, overlapping slightly, over top of casserole. Bake an additional 15–20 minutes, until set. Cool for a few minutes before cutting into squares and serving.

Comment

• LINGUINI WITH SHRIMP AND TILLAMOOK CHEDDAR CHEESE

8 oz. linguine
            6 oz. Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, grated
            1/8 cup Olive Oil
            1 tablespoon dijon mustard
            1 lb. medium shrimp deveined
            1 cup cream
            1 oz. sherry
            salt and pepper
            1 tablespoon shallot

Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salt water until just tender, but still firm to bite. Stir occasionally. Meanwhile, heat saute pan with ½ the oil. Add shallot and cook for one minute over medium heat, then add cream and bring to a boil. When cream is just beginning to boil add the grated cheddar, a little bit at a time. Stir continually, until all cheese is melted. Turn to low and let simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put remaining oil in saute pan and heat. Add shrimp and heat slightly. When hot, add the sherry and dijon mustard. Put linguine into a bowl and mix with cheese sauce. Place onto serving plates and top with shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.

Comment

• ENGLISH PINEAPPLE CHEDDAR CHEESECAKE

6 Tbsp. Tillamook Butter
              1-1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
              2 large Eggs, separated
              1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Sugar
              1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
              1 tsp. grated Lemon Zest
              1/2 cup Heavy Cream, whipped to soft peaks
              1 Tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin
              3 Tbsp. Cold Water
              6 oz. Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
              1 - 8 oz. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
              Butter an 8 inch springform, or cake pan. Melt butter, cool lightly,then mix with graham cracker crumbs. Press crumbs onto bottom of pan, but not on sides. Chill. Place egg yolks in a metal mixing bowl or double boiler. Stir in sugar or lemon juice. Over hot, but not boiling water, beat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest. Cool slightly and fold in whipped cream. Mix gelatin and water in saucepan and stir over medium heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Fold grated Tillamook Cheddar and pineapple into whipped cream mixture, then quickly fold in dissolved gelatin. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture. Spoon onto crumb base and chill until set, 3 -4 hours. Cut with a knife dipped in hot water.

Comment

• The beauty is, I know Fin's culinary reflex probably overrides his horror reflex, so he is forced to read those.

Comment

• Rest assured, you can expect
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSneak
                    ENGLISH PINEAPPLE CHEDDAR CHEESECAKE

6 Tbsp. Tillamook Butter
                    1-1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
                    2 large Eggs, separated
                    1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Sugar
                    1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
                    1 tsp. grated Lemon Zest
                    1/2 cup Heavy Cream, whipped to soft peaks
                    1 Tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin
                    3 Tbsp. Cold Water
                    6 oz. Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
                    1 - 8 oz. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
                    Butter an 8 inch springform, or cake pan. Melt butter, cool lightly,then mix with graham cracker crumbs. Press crumbs onto bottom of pan, but not on sides. Chill. Place egg yolks in a metal mixing bowl or double boiler. Stir in sugar or lemon juice. Over hot, but not boiling water, beat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest. Cool slightly and fold in whipped cream. Mix gelatin and water in saucepan and stir over medium heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Fold grated Tillamook Cheddar and pineapple into whipped cream mixture, then quickly fold in dissolved gelatin. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture. Spoon onto crumb base and chill until set, 3 -4 hours. Cut with a knife dipped in hot water.
                    how is this, I have never had anything like it

I notice you are using Tillamook cheese ()

post more vegetarrian recipes

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Uh...vegetarian is by nature not cheese-inclusive.
                      Can't say I've tried the dessert recipe...but I'll bet it is pretty good. The picture looked tasty. How about seafood, can you eat that?

LOBSTER TACOS WITH
                      YELLOW TOMATO SALSA

4 whole Lobsters (1lb. each)
                      3 tablespoons Corn Oil
                      6 whole flour Tortillas, 7 inches in diameter
                      1 cup Tillamook Jalapeno Jack Cheese, grated
                      1 cup Spinach leaves, shredded
                      Yellow Tomato Salsa

Yellow Tomato Salsa

4 cups Yellow Cherry Tomatoes or 1 lb. Yellow Tomatoes
                      1 whole Shallot, large, very finely minced
                      1 whole Garlic clove, finely minced
                      2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, very finely minced
                      1 tablespoon Champagne or White Wine Vinegar
                      2 whole Serrano Chilies, seeded and minced
                      2 teaspoons Lime Juice
                      Salt to taste
                      1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (if tomatoes are not sweet)

To Make Yellow Tomato Salsa
                      In food processor, using a steel blade, process tomatoes until well chopped. Don’t puree. Combine tomatoes and their juices with shallot, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, chilies, lime juice, salt and mix well. Add maple syrup, if needed, to balance flavor and slightly sweeten. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold.

To Make Taco
                      Fill large stockpot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add lobsters and cook for about 8 minutes or until just done. Drain and let lobsters cool slightly. Remove meat from lobster tails, careful not to tear it apart. Cut meat into thin medallions (or medium-size dice, if meat breaks art). Heat oil in medium sauté pan, over medium heat and sauté lobster medallions until just heated through. Spoon equal portions warm lobster medallions into center of each warm flour tortilla. Sprinkle each with equal portions of grated cheese and shredded spinach. Roll into a cylinder shape and place each one on warm serving plate with the edge facing the bottom. Surround the Taco with Yellow Tomato Salsa.

Comment

• I don't eat seafood

but I am a lacto-ovo vegetarrian so I do eat milk, cheese, and eggs

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I see...so what you're saying is you'll eat the unborn, but don't mess with the living?

Yuck!

Comment

• hmm, I have questions about eggs

but I don't think they are the unborn (since they are not suppose to be fertilized)

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                              Turned into a cheese stick even. Make for a soft touch on the keyboard anyway. The smudges would be a pain to have to wipe off.
                              I hope you don't mean the one in his trousers.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• *Sneak takes the bait like a beauty*
                                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                                X