No announcement yet.

Police Brutality at LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't doubt bias Che, if you recall, I spoke of being part of such an incident two years ago in a thread once.

When I say the crowd said nothing, I meant after the fact, to either reporters or others.

In this kind of case, I want facts, not hysterical air pokers who demand reform yelling for the heads of all police.

We need to know more then is currently availible to form an informed opinion.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Two questions:

1. When will the name "Rodney King" stop surfacing every time we hear "police brutality"?

2. When will people realize that an isolated incident is not necessarily representative of what goes on in the police department?
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

When will people stop thinking that because these incidents only get on tape every few years that it doesn't occur much more frequently?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

dp
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Though I have a general respect for police officers and I feel that most, if not nearly all, are truly good men and women who take pride in their work and do their work good and honourably... There is a small minority of officers who do not have the same sort of dedication to blind justice or are over-zealous for whatever reason and they ruin it for the entire police force. Now one could say that these incidents are a rarity and are probably lone racist cops or perhaps an officer whose partner was shot by a black criminal or some **** like that... but the fact is that these incidents are not that rare. They are not a constant occurance as most police officers are honourable, but these actions occur far more than they should. Hell, one time is too much.

Rioting, however, will not accomplish anything. Political appeals will probably do little. Hampering police powers will only result in problems. Only the continual and eventual destruction of racism from the grass roots and a greater respect for police so that the average policeman realizes that he has a duty to all citizens to protect but also be just... only this will end brutality. Blaming all police will not stop brutality. Furthermore, the key is justice. Many cops become over-zealous and are frustrated with the revolving door of the legal system at times and want to take out criminals because they don't judges will. We need to address these problems as well.

thanks
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Albert, .

Comment

I think the police need more respect for us.

Comment

Chegitz:

you're too synnical I think the word is... I mean sure it would be great to just go all out and force all cops to be just, but first off... most cops dont cause these incidents. Don't blame the honest, just cops who truly do serve and protect. Secondly, blotting out the problem will not solve it. There are reasons why these a bit too many but still a minority of police do what they do. We need to solve the core reasons which vary from outright racism to a good-intentioned but misdirected over-zeal.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

and the reason why I said we need to respect cops more is because a lot of cops these days don't feel like they are doing anything. They get frustrated with the legal system and they hear about brutality and all that and people who are anti-police and they no longer feel like their job is honourable. So they just say **** it do whatever. If we want a truly good police force, we will need the police officers to take more pride in their job, and that won't be acheived until we respect them.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by August Borms

Maybe it was a communist cop. You do know the communist polices track record for beating and harassing students, Kamrat X?
                      Communist Cops? In the states? Also I have no idea what you´re talking about.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

WHY IS IT EVERY TIME A WHITE MAN COMMITS A CRIME AGAINST A BLACK MAN IT IS RACIST, BUT NOT VICE VERSA?

IT DRIVES ME MAD!

There are police brutality cases against whites too, at least here. Perhaps they're racist as well.
                        Show me a country in Africa where the white man is harassed by the black police, then we can talk.

Comment

Zimbabwe?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Zimbabwe?
                            If you call being forced to give up property you stole harassment then I guess the whites of Zimbabwe are being harassed.

Comment

If the zimbawean police act like LAPD it´s wrong and racist. Noone should be harassed based on skin colour.

Are you happy now Asher?

Comment

I'm happy, I don't know about Asher though .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X