No announcement yet.

WHat do you think is Bush's IQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the speech's he gave to congress and in NY after 9/11 were "acceptable".
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Reagon killed the SU, After the Vietnam war the Soviets were riding high on the pretense that america wouldnt stick its nose out if the Soviet Union contiued expansionism. In the late 70's they pushed there influence in Africa, Southeast Asia, and afghanistan. There military made ours look like a joke. Reagan changed this and upped the ante by supporting afghan rebels and turned afghanistan into Russia's own Vietnam. To pay for the growing cost of the war in 1981, the Communist Government raided the entire Soviet public pension system of 3 billion$, understanding full well they would have to pay it back in 10 years or there would be mass civil disorder and economic collapse. Of course when the time came and word got out and people stopped recieving paychecks, the SU's collapse was imminent. This was one of the factors, the others was the fact the Russia upped its defense spending beyond that to which it could afford. somthing like 60% of there budget went to the armed forces in the late 80's.

Comment

Why is some 30 y/o posting on a forum for a game with a target demographic of mid-teens to early-twenties.... then telling people that disagree with him to shut up. Sounds like they aren't the ones that have "sour grapes" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          So what, bad military test scores and mediocre grades aren't proof of less than average intelligence? The fact that the man hasn't succeeded at anything without the intense help of others doesn't say something about his abilities?
          I hear ya Che, but I don't SEE you posting those grades.

He can't answer unscripted questions well. He reads children the same book, over and over, The Hungry, Hungry Catipiller, (what, he can't read another book?), the fact that White House staffers go out of their way to talk about how smart Bush really is . . . it all smells of someone who's less than smart. Maybe I'm just used to really smart people, but he doesn't seem all that average to me.
          Like some chese with that whine?
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Jimmy Carters main fault was that he didn't know when to delegate, which admittedly Bush seems have a better handle on. But the guy still doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm not so keen to get a 'little older' as i won't see 30 again and i'm in no hurry to see 40! so save your usual diatribe for someone else?

Spencer, the word 'crusade' could have been chosen bettter! but yes, other than that, he's done OK in trying times.

But the thead title is about his IQ, not his ability to rule.

Comment

Grades of Bush '68 surface in magazine

Everything should be so hard to find.

Choice quotes:

In his four years of enrollment here, Bush never got anything higher than an 88 -- Yale still had number grades back then -- and seemed more comfortable in the mid-70s, although he pulled a 69 in Astronomy. His cumulative average was a gentlemen's 77.

It's a good thing he surrounds himself with talented advisors now, because he struggled in Political Science 13b (71), Sociology 55a (70) and Economics 10 (71 in the fall and 72 in the spring). The transcript puts him in the 21st percentile of his class for freshman year.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Aern't those passing grades Che?

To pass at a university means you passed average intelligence, now doesn't it?

I would add though that still isn't really his grades, there is no way to authenticate the transcrips, just to continue as devil's advocate.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Why is some 30 y/o posting on a forum for a game with a target demographic of mid-teens to early-twenties.... then telling people that disagree with him to shut up. Sounds like they aren't the ones that have "sour grapes" to me.
                  I'm 32. There are people of all ages,races and nationalities on this forum, so deal with it.

As for Bush, I wouldn't look so much at intelligence as I would at how well-rounded a person he is, as well as the accumulation of varying life experiences. I'm sure somebody like Teddy Roosevelt was no Einstein. But his sheer willingness and fearlessness in leading a rich and varied life contributed to his leadership ability greatly. Bush is lacking in this regard as well.

Dave
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Bit of a bad chioce there DD. Based on Edmund Morris' biographies, Teddy Roosevelt was actually quite a brilliant guy.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I have to give him credit: He captured the Republican nomination against worthy adversaries and took the presidency from a popular VP after a long period of relative peace and prosperity.

I personsally disagree with a lot of what he has done since he has gotten into office, for example, the steel tarriffs and the farm subsidies, but I believe he has done a good job on the war on terror.

I finally agree with him on the ME. His prior willingness to negotiate with Arafat after Clinton's experience with him was "wishful" thinking at best.

I wholly support his position on Kyoto and the ICC. These two treaties represent failures of negotiation primarily by the Clinton team.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• 1/googleplex
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I think we've all underestimated him. Almost everything he says is true, but do we ever think about how true it is in our lives? NO! But this smart man does.

"Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning"
                          How often do you say "Is our Children learning"?

"I think we agree, the past is over."
                          Absolutely true!

"You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
                          Perfectly Correct.

Gamecatcher Moderator and Evil Council Chairman, at your service.

Comment

• BUSH IS A STUPID MAN. HE HAS USED COCAINE BEFORE. DO YOU THINK I'M FIT TO LEAD THE U.S.A. IN THIS STATE?! I DON'T THINK SO

*SNIFF*SNIFF*

USA! USA! USA! USA!

CHEERS

Comment

• You meant "misunderestimated," didn't you?
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Conversely, lots of really smart folks don't succeed because they lack connections.
                                -Or failing to take advantage of them.

You think he's dumb, the facts don't support it.
                                -C average at Yale

You mean we have to go back to a "dumb" president who brought the Soviets to their knees and ended the coldwar, as compared to a "smart" one who brought an intern to hers?
                                -Reagan did so much less than the soviet leadership in that respect.

Bush let his betters handle things for him.
                                -But they're ultraconservative reactionaries.

Jimmy Carter was extremly intelligent and a terrible president.
                                -Some of us to disagree... and living in Georgia for the last 7 years has in no way influenced this decision

Show proof, or shut up.
                                -Bush has shown ample proof of his stupidity. Show me one shred of evidence the man has any brainpower.

I'd say the speech's he gave to congress and in NY after 9/11 were "acceptable".
                                -But he doesn't write them.

Aern't those passing grades Che?
                                -If I made that sort of grades my parents would kill me or disown me or at the very least be very pissed off.

To pass at a university means you passed average intelligence, now doesn't it?
                                -

I have to give him credit: He captured the Republican nomination against worthy adversaries and took the presidency from a popular VP after a long period of relative peace and prosperity.
                                -He only had the support of the Republican leadership and more money too.

Now, this sticks in my mind: During the debates against Gore, he suggested we should get more oil from México so that we would reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Unless he has a secret invasion plan all ready... If he does
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X