No announcement yet.

Did your parents spank you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, my father was a Joan Crawford... bad mistake at the lab.

Boris, that makes you angry?! What about me!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I was spanked but not as much as I deserved.

Comment

My father employed a tool called "The Board of Correction", which was a wooden paddle about a foot and a half long and a couple of inches thick...it had a cutesy saying on the front about "wrasslin' cowboys and whallopin' wolves" or some crap. It has since been stolen and added to my immense memorabelia collection. Mom used the wooden spoon technique. Occassionally one or the other would get so pissed as to administer instant punishment by way or a punch or a slap.
        Dad would go through a long, elaborate process of removing his rings when he was going to hit me.
        Personally, I don't think it did a thing for me, as I just grew more fearful and became quite the little liar to avoid further punishments.
        I'm not saying that some kids wouldn't respond well to a good thrashing, just that I personally did not.
        Don't plan on hitting my child, but I do have some fiendishly clever ideas that involve insane boredom and avoidance, if I pull them off correctly.
        Life and death is a grave matter;
        all things pass quickly away.
        Each of you must be completely alert;
        never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
          Don't plan on hitting my child, but I do have some fiendishly clever ideas that involve insane boredom and avoidance, if I pull them off correctly.
          Feel free to share...
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Yes, my father was a Joan Crawford... bad mistake at the lab.

Boris, that makes you angry?! What about me!
            No wonder you slugged me in the gut like that.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              My parents have done things far worse, too horrid to mention. Actually I could mention some. As some of you know, I was completely grounded from basically everything for a long time. It took great effort to do anything resembling fun.

Unfortunantly, I failed at my only major attempt at direct revenge. I lost conciousness before I could carry it out.

You're kind of a depressing dude. Stop blaming everything on the folks and get on with your life.

Oh...and I suppose you lost consciousness while strangling them. Weak.

Comment

My old man was scary. The whole military thing. I was a pretty rebellious, lazy kid. I got the belt a fair amount.

Comment

My dad hit me once, but he apologized. I have a lot of respect for him.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yes...but you are a nicer guy/were a nicer kid. I was pretty bratty. And I needed the hardening up...

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Feel free to share...
                      Actually, if Prosper's personality type (happy, smiley, slightly mischeivious) holds, I probably won't have to ever use corporal punishment.

My plan is two-fold:
                      All indiscretions will be met with a very long, sit down talk about the crime. To the point of absolute insanity, as I will make him examine every angle and side of the issue until he is so sick of talking about it he'll never do it again.
                      Part two is this: Every time he screws up, he's going to have to write an essay about his error. If it is a repeated offense, the essays will have to be elaborated and expanded severely.

The upside is this....when he's older, he'll be a good writer and have excellent penmenship. Also, I plan on keeping all the essays and putting them in a book for him. When he strikes out on his own, I'm going to hand him this book and say "Son, you've learned a lot of things in you life--don't forget your common sense."

How does that sound?
                      Life and death is a grave matter;
                      all things pass quickly away.
                      Each of you must be completely alert;
                      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak

Actually, if Prosper's personality type (happy, smiley, slightly mischeivious) holds, I probably won't have to ever use corporal punishment.

My plan is two-fold:
                        All indiscretions will be met with a very long, sit down talk about the crime. To the point of absolute insanity, as I will make him examine every angle and side of the issue until he is so sick of talking about it he'll never do it again.
                        Part two is this: Every time he screws up, he's going to have to write an essay about his error. If it is a repeated offense, the essays will have to be elaborated and expanded severely.

The upside is this....when he's older, he'll be a good writer and have excellent penmenship. Also, I plan on keeping all the essays and putting them in a book for him. When he strikes out on his own, I'm going to hand him this book and say "Son, you've learned a lot of things in you life--don't forget your common sense."

How does that sound?
                        Brilliant! Then he can do the same with his kids
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Yes. They say that abuse is a hard cycle to break.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Beat him like a drum, Sneaky.

Comment

I hear that shaking them is a good way to grab their attention when they're young...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I guess you are back in form...

Comment

Working...
                                X