You think that's funny, but I remember:

being hit with a dart
    being hit with a pool ball
    being hit with a baseball bat
    being hit with a golf club
    having my collarbone broken
    getting kicked in the eye and having to wear an eyepatch for 3 days

Ah, the memories.

I, of course, was a perfect angel towards my siblings...
    I remember I locked her out of the house once, and she kicked the glass door and it broke and cut her foot.

She tried to frame me once by putting some of her clothes in the toilet and blaming it on me. Then I pointed out to Mum and Dad that only her crappiest clothes were in there, so they believed me when I told them she did it herself. She got a good spanking that day...
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I figure the fighting toughened us up. I see other people whine when they catch their finger in a door or something, and all I can think is: "you wouldn't have lasted very long at my house". One roll down the stairs and you'd be through...

By the time we were 9 or 10 we didn't get in trouble as much because we'd figured out that if any of us complained then all of us would get punished. My parents werent really firm believers in the "innocent until proven guilty" thing.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I got the typical "wait till your father gets home" and given the fact that he was always in uniform being a Colonel in the Air Force he always presented an forboding appearance real or imagined.

My mother was good though. She'd let him get in the door and I'm thinking ok this is it! Then she'd let him change clothes and talk about the day and I'm thinking ok....I'm home free she's forgotten and then we'd sit down to dinner and about part way through dinner here it came do you know what Mary Jayne did today?!?!!

Ugggghhhhhh so much for sliding into home free She'd let me finish dinner and then I'd get spanked.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
          I was spanked quite regularly when I was little. But it gradually taught me self-discipline...
          Self-discipline? So you started spanking yourself?
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

My parents have done things far worse, too horrid to mention. Actually I could mention some. As some of you know, I was completely grounded from basically everything for a long time. It took great effort to do anything resembling fun.

Unfortunantly, I failed at my only major attempt at direct revenge. I lost conciousness before I could carry it out.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
              Ugggghhhhhh so much for sliding into home free She'd let me finish dinner and then I'd get spanked.

I bet that took away your appetite!

Comment

Its funny how the same word can mean different things in different english-speaking countries. For example "fanny" is your backside in the US, but in NZ its a crude way of referring to the female private parts.

Can you imagine what people in NZ would think if they heard an american mother say to her misbehaving little girl "If you dont stop misbehaving your father will take care of your fanny when we get home!"

Comment

Yup it certainly did! I was trying to think of ways to put it off like eating slower or if I went to the bathroom and stuffed toliet paper on my bum that I could cushion the blow. Never worked, my dad always saw through it.
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Nope.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Not once.

Carolus

Comment

how did they punish you then?

Comment

Once or twice as a form of "capital punishment". Don't think it's a good way of dealing with children in general. It's also against the law here.

Comment

How is it you are still with us?

Comment

I'm Jesus

Comment

I was never spanked, I never got my mout washed out with soap, and I've never been grounded. I was smart enough to make sure my sisters took the blame

I was sent to my room for arguing back when my parents were talking to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X