Did your parents spank you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did your parents spank you?

Just got the idea for this from Lincoln's thread.

I got my fair share of spankings, but I reckon I am a better person because of them. My Dad used to use a bamboo stick...ouch!
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

I think I remember only one spanking.

Lots of time spent grounded, though. My brother and I spent 10 years attempting murder against each other...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I was spanked quite regularly when I was little. But it gradually taught me self-discipline, and by the time I was at school there was no real need for it.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        My brother and I spent 10 years attempting murder against each other...

It was me and my sister who were at each others throats, but then my brother was born and she was outnumbered
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Frequently.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All my dad had to do was start to undo his belt and me and my 2 brothers went running for cover.
            He never even had to touch us once : when it got to that point we knew we were over the line.
            What?

Comment

never mind

Comment

Me never....

It probably explains why I am such an hyper and immature person today....
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

A couple of times, yes.
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I got spanked, but not very often. I did get my mouth washed out with soap. My mom threatened to send me to military school in Junior High. But after my Sophmore year in high school, there wasn't much in the way my parents could do for punishment. Although I must admit, I didn't really do anything to warrant punishment. Well, I did dent my mom's car one night when my friends and I were launching apples with one of those 3 man water balloon wingers. I had to pay for that.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

It was me and my sister who were at each others throats, but then my brother was born and she was outnumbered
                      You think that's funny, but I remember:

being hit with a dart
                      being hit with a pool ball
                      being hit with a baseball bat
                      being hit with a golf club
                      having my collarbone broken
                      getting kicked in the eye and having to wear an eyepatch for 3 days

Ah, the memories.

I, of course, was a perfect angel towards my siblings...
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Frequently.
                        That explains a lot
                        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Yes, but it didn't take very many to get me in line.
                          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            Frequently.
                            That explains the commie rebellion to me most certainly....
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I remember only being outright spanked once or twice. There was the occasional swat on the butt, I suppose, but not many outright spankings.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to hit a child, so how a parent can do it to his own kid is kinda bewildering to me.

Re: Sibling rivalry

My brother and I were legendary quarrelers. It's amazing because now we are best of friends. Go figure.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X