Did your parents spank you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    My parents didn't hit me very much because I was considered sensitive and intelligent, a child you could reason with

But I did get hit occasionally. Mum did most of the discipline. We had to work hard to get her to hit us but we did our best. We used to drive that poor woman to tears and laugh about it. Children can be very cruel. She'd be in the kitchen crying and we'd be at the dinner table throwing food and laughing at her. It was like being on drugs

My father was a very kind and gentle man but also very athletic and if he hit you, you stayed hit. He only hit us when he was enraged and then he'd really go to town - he'd break the rod or belt on your back and legs. It was terrifying, he couldn't stop. Today it would be called child abuse. Only happened once every year or so and always we really begged for it, drove the man to distraction first.

So I hold no grudge about it and nor do my brothers.

On that score, my brothers were a lot dumber than me and got a lot more beatings. I'd see a situation reaching boiling point and slide out of it. They'd just keep on going. It was almost like they couldn't stop till they'd been hit. I couldn't understand it.

My sisters got hit too but that was strictly Mum's job.

I have wonderful parents and I appreciate them more and more as I get older and realise how hard it is to raise my own. God bless them both.
    So you were a "troll" as a child?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

I can be far more depressing. I don't blame everything on them. I spread the blame out quite a bit, including onto myself. I did get on with my life. Many of the problems I have with my parents are behind me. Now I get to tackle totally new problems.
      Good man. Keep that chin up...

Comment

• I was generally good, as were my brother and sister. We hardly ever got in trouble, and when we did we were restricted from watching tv / playing on computer, etc. Only a very few times did we push it that far that we were smacked.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Oops!
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faboba

Ah dear... the circle of "Don't cry you little bastard you deserve this!" continues...
            Nah, not really. Being able to raise him in a fashion completely different from the way I was raised is pretty good compensation.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Yes, Doc Strange Jr. has holes in his box.
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                I was generally good, as were my brother and sister. We hardly ever got in trouble
                Oh yeah - my kids get punished for being too good as well
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Never. At least I can't remember being spanked. Then again, I was the kind of kid who, when being stuck in the mud once (can't remember it myself, but it's been told to me), preferred just standing there instead of doing something productive like crying or trying to get out of my boots. I also tended to be quiet in most tense and less tense situations (as I still do) so I never needed to be taught the art of shutting up. The lack of physical punishment was (and is), however, balanced by the fact that I'm very sensitive to critique from my parents. Since my mother's opinion is that people can just mind their own business and she isn't entitled to teach others, it was mostly father who set my limits.
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

• eurocom....

Comment

• Flubber: What's wrong with books? they're FASCINATING! ( I guess that's why I am heading into research )
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Re: Did your parents spank you?

Originally posted by Caligastia
                        Just got the idea for this from Lincoln's thread.

I got my fair share of spankings, but I reckon I am a better person because of them. My Dad used to use a bamboo stick...ouch!
                        My dad used to spank me, but once custody reverted to my mother (long story, don't wish to repeat) I began behaving. Never experienced one spank after that.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Yes my parens spanked me. Sometime it is a necessary evil.
                          Zobo Ze Warrior
                          --
                          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

• Now I have to pay if I want a spanking
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I've never been hit by my parents. Thanks to humane legislation, I'd be able to report it to the police

Comment

• Originally posted by Monk
                                I've never been hit by my parents. Thanks to humane legislation, I'd be able to report it to the police
                                'Human' legislation. Parents can be fined by their kids for giving them a clip round the ear. I'm not saying child abusers shouldn't be punished but allowing children to punish their parents for administering - fairly - legitimate punishment it horrificly undermines their authority.
                                A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X