The World Cup Excellent Adventure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading it

But Imran raises a good point. Who cares... Who want's to be a character... Just post your interest level.
    But be warned... you never know how your character will be used or abused... but that's half the fun.

If you want to be a bigger character, write yourself into the plot. A paragraph or two... just read what's already there and give it a shot.

Surely at least one story thread can survive. Where are all the creative people...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I was just wondering, because pretty soon all the available spots for characters in MY story arc will be closed. I only need a few more is all.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's easy enough to kill all the characters that aren't showing interest, and include people who actually give a damn.

Story threads grow lives of their own. As long as the "general" plot line is followed, who cares. And even then, the twists and turns brought about by people who are involved is what makes them great.

It's just a shame to see so little interest. So even if you are just reading it... laughing along... or even want to be a character or HEAVIN FORBID... actually want to write... Please post.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Once again, I am ignored when the gay posters are mentioned. Am I the Invisible Homo?! And here I thought I was one of the most prominent.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The snow storm stopped, which was a good thing since it was not winter.

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Hmmm, ROLL CALL

Ok, who's reading this thing and wants to be in the story (in some small role)? This way you all don't get mad, because you are all probably reading this to see when you get in and if you don't, I wouldn't like to be lynched.

SO POST if you are reading this.
              oh! me! me! I want in!

Imran can call his connections in the Libertarian Hordes, I will lead the Libertarian troops to victory! A dramatic climactical battle between the forces of good (Ozzy and his Horde) and evil (chegitz and those darn Commies). I'll write a chapter later if i have time.

Good stuff
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Having successfully snuck past security disguised as an Argentinian soccer player known only as 'giancarlo' Mr. Fun breathes a sigh of relief.

Mr. Fun - ok, its clear, you can materialize now.

With a B-movie type shimer, the Invisable Homo, Boris Godunov, appears out of thin air.

Boris - ah, this invisibility talent sure comes in handy. I was able to whine my way into the story. Mwa-ha-ha!

"YYYEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!" a loud cheer thunders through the stadium as Brazil scores a goal

Mr. Fun - lets make our way toward the locker rooms.

"AAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!" a loud "AWWW" followed by cooing noises is heard from the stadium.

Boris - what on earth is that? Since when to people coo at a soccer match?

Mr. Fun - lets go check it out

*the somewhat, though not entirely ambigiously gay duo make their way into the stadium and spot KH's kitten playfully romping onto the field*

Mr. Fun - the kitten! KH doesn't have it! I must save it!

Boris - leave it, Fun, this is the distraction we need to sneak into the Turkish locker room. This was all in the plan.

Mr. Fun - but... its lost... poor adorable kitten might be scared on its own. What if someone steps on it? I must save it.

Boris - we've talked about this before... now come on, lets get to the locker room while everyone is adoring the cute kitten.

Mr. Fun - oh alright... poor kitty.....

*Mr. Fun and Boris make their way towards the locker rooms but must walk past a long row of promotional booths*

sudden zoom to the Advocates for Self-Government's Opperation Politically Homeless booth

Ramo - hey Oz, what are we doing in South Korea?

Ozzy - spreading the virtues of Libertarianism of course. This is the biggest sporting event in the world, think of all the people we can reach!

Ramo - but what do we care about the rest of the world, we are American, and heck we don't speak any other languages in the first place. Plus! This event is getting funding from governments around the world, unjust money stolen from innocent taxpayers! By paying this tabling fee we are supporting the unconstitutional theft of money by world government and...

Ozzy - *sigh*...

David Floyd - oh hush up you two, I think that is Mr. Fun over there, we should have him take the World's Smallest Political Quiz.

Ramo - oh what's the point, we all know he is a commie anyways.

*Mr. Fun overhears*

Mr. Fun - Hey! I'm not a commie! I'm a moderate liberal.

Ozzy - So... you're a pinko.

Mr. Fun - No! I'm a moder....

Boris - Ya know Fun, Pink really brings out the color in your cheeks.

Mr. Fun - You really think so? Ya know I try to incorporate a little pink into each outfit, see today I'm wearing a pink Breast Cancer ribbon.

Boris - hmmm, maybe a scarf or something, do you have any pink shoes? Those would match the scarf perfectly. You could put a hint of...

David - uhh..... boys? You want to take the quiz or not?

Mr. Fun - uh, no thanks, we have a mission to..... uhhh, what i mean is we have a locker room........ uhhhh, we just have to get going. Bye.

*Mr. Fun and Boris continue walking towards the locker rooms, sharing fashion tips*

Ramo - well that was strange.

Ozzy - hey, where is Imran? He was supposed to be here to help man the OPH Booth.

David - I'll give him a call...........Imran?
                Hey, where have you been, we are here at the booth, and things are kinda busy, you need to get over here.

Imran - Sorry man, I can't make it and I can't talk long. I'm real busy trying to foil a plot by the Evil Communists, Greeks and Homosexuals.

David to Ozzy - Imran says he's busy trying to foil a Communist plot.

Ozzy - thats strange, what kind of plot do the communists have in S. Korea? And where did he find that much foil?

Ramo - Tell him we just ran into a few homosexual communists here at the stadium.

David to Imran - Hey, Mr. Fun and Boris just walked past here, you know they are a bunch of pinko homos, you think there is a connection?

Imran - Yea! holy cow, did they say where they were going?

David - something about a mission.... locker rooms maybe?

Imran - thanks for the information. I'll get right on it. And I'll be sure to contact you again when it comes time for the climactic end battle with the Evil Communists.

*click*

(to be continued)
                Last edited by OzzyKP; June 17, 2002, 14:56.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Very nice!

I'll contribute later tonight
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

why is it I never find a single opportunity even to a smile in that stuff?

maybe I should actually read it

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Hmmm, ROLL CALL

Ok, who's reading this thing and wants to be in the story (in some small role)? This way you all don't get mad, because you are all probably reading this to see when you get in and if you don't, I wouldn't like to be lynched.

SO POST if you are reading this.
                      I like the story. And I'd write a bit if I had any creative talent. Feel free to write me in if you think I'd make a good character in this story.

Comment

Glad to see stereotypes are alive and well...
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, you were *****ing about not being written into the story! Make up your ****ing mind!

Excellent Adventures are all about stereotypes and making fun of them... hell, HUMOR is all about stereotypes .

Comment

it's not made for smilin

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't see someone writing YOU going in there strapped with dynamite around your waste, do I?

You guys could have at LEAST made me some sort of supervillain, given my invisible powers.

And Pink shoes? Scarves??? Have you no idea of gay fashion???!!!
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

you are the supervillian of my part of the story

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X