No announcement yet.

Gibraltar - what should we do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because someone wants it back...the French haven't asked for the Channel Islands, and if they did they could have them. I don't like the havens...they should pay their way, especially since the RN has to go to all these islands to wave the flag. The least they can do is pay the fuel bill.

"Imagine that the cost of Gibraltar were impossible to afford by the British, and the British government wanted to rid of Gibraltar.

Do they still want to offer llanitos a referendum? "

Argentina wants the Falklands, and I (and most of the Brits) think it should be up to the locals to decide, so yes...they should have a referendum.

Comment

Yes I think a referendum is the best solution as well, but I think we should be concerned about the actual deal the people are presented with, and that it isn't an "accept Spanish rule or else" package.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
      X