No announcement yet.

Gibraltar - what should we do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a united Europe with the UK included it will definitely not be a part of that North Western province

Adminstration-wise, being governed from the Iberian peninsula would be more sensible. But as long as nationality is an issue...

Comment

UK "North Western province"

Israel = apartheid

Comment

Maybe that Dutch guy could create the flags.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

hi ,

since its allready a bananareplublic , ..........;with high taxes and numerous scandal's in its local government , .......put it out , ....
          hence , sell it , ........;

then of course , its a base , a small militery one , but, the only in its kind in the near region , ........hmmm, keep it , to stop narcotics and to fight slave trade , .......

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

My vote is purely out of self-interest. I'd much rather have the British controlling this stategically placed fortress than the Spanish.

Comment

I'm for referendum
              let them decide for themselves

Comment

I don't see how there is any argument. The people of Gibraltar want to remain British, so why should we deny them that? (And this isn't because they want to remain British: if they wanted to become Spanish, I would be glad to support them in that). This just seems like a bit of sabre-rattling from the Spanish if you ask me.
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

The Spanish have been pressuring Gibraltar for years. Blair at least ought to tell them to back off if they want negotiations to take place.
                  "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Any solution would go for me if Gibraltar stops being a pirate´s cave.
                    Do you know that there are more fake-limited business than people in Gibraltar?.
                    Do you know what´s the main "industry" in gribraltarian, let´s say, economy?.
                    Do you know that gribaltarians oposition to spanish control is mainly for "economic" or "taxation" reasons?.
                    Do you know what contraband means?.

The answers to all this questions are related each other.

Comment

What would everybody thought if Americans have take possesion of Cherbourg, Calais and Dunkirk in WW2 and then they negate to give back to France?

Comment

some points about the question:

The Treaty of Utrech said that land comuncations are forbidden.

Too, that any change in the politcal status of the colony suppose its return to Spain...

UN has some resolutions where recognice Spanish rigths to its territorial integrity (refered to Gibraltar).

Too, we can say that airport is in Spanish territory and breaks Spanish aerial space.

The lifestyle in Gibraltar is thanks to its economic status as fiscal paradise...if somebody believe that this is aceptable...

And we arent speaking about the extended practise of contraband, that harms next territories and Spanish Financial Ministery.

Israel = apartheid

Comment

Egads!

There can be only one sensible conclusion - referendum!

Allow the people to decide for themselves, and not make the repeated mistakes of many other transitions of government without the will of the populace - many of which have been quoted on this very thread!

Interesting place though, even if the apes get a bit frisky!
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

[ironic mode on]
                            "¡¡¡ Let's them vote !!!. I don't mind, I will manipulate the ellection."
                            [ironic mode off]

It is simple, people's opinion is not important, if something has to be, it will be. Interests rule this hypocrit society.

If Alfonsus is right, the Spanish government has only to offer Gibralatarians some good economic privileges, and that's all. They will kiss our flag with "frenesí".

It doesn't seem to be right but, ... Welcome to real world.
                            «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Come on folks, be serious. Who believes that the Spanish will agree to a referendum vote? Can anyone else say "El pais Vasqo"?
                              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Yes, a referedum with 2 options!!! :

1. total integration in Spain
                                2. integration in Spain in a new autonomy: they can create your laws, they can have your goverment...

Israel = apartheid

Comment

Working...
                                X