No announcement yet.

Design the perfect EU flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zopperoni, I think I like your striped version better than my idea.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
      What is that? A flock of birds flying into an airplane engine?
      Those were Englands, although I must admit I had to look twice to get that

Comment

• Below the flag for peace time. For war: The well-known white one with the text

"Can't you see that there are people over here?"

As said one of Cologne's heroic soldiers in the seven year's war when the Prussians dared to shoot.

Edit: Hey, why doesn't my attachment show up? I had a *.bmp file, 11k. Any hints (Netscape 6)?
        Last edited by Adalbertus; May 13, 2002, 14:44.
        Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion

Those were Englands, although I must admit I had to look twice to get that
          Hey, my artistic talents aren't that bad. You just don't know what England's outline looks like.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• yeah, I'm used to Great Britain's, but then I recognised Cornwall, Kent, the East coast..

Comment

• bmps don't show as images. I don't know why it didn't show as a file...
              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• I still think the Barcode Flag is the best-looking, but here's the attempt for today:
                Attached Files
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• being quite serious here...

assuming we could get every European nation (and city state) into the EU, I believe we could have enough for a flag exactly like the US flag only with different color scheme.

50 stars for each nation (I count 47 but I'm sure we could find a few more to squeeze in ) and 13 stripes for the first 13 members? (didn't 13 nations found the EU? Or was it 12?)
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Six. Sorry.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapcase
                      I still think the Barcode Flag is the best-looking, but here's the attempt for today:
                      Banana-Powaahh!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapcase
                        Six. Sorry.
                        right then
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Well the European version of the American flag is too American for the EU to go for, but I certainly think the principles behind the US stars and stripes are very much needed for the EU flag. Something to symbolize the original members, and something to symbolize the current members.

Any ideas besides blue and gold stars and stripes?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• For when they get more members in the EU:
                            Attached Files
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Skanky,

Could be improved to a fireworks. Is this why Handel wrote his firewater music?
                              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

• How about this:

It denotes the actual hierarchy that exists in the EU (since Ireland is NOT equal to Germany), it's economic basis (the Euro) and it is easily expandable, since it's a climax: 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 28, 37, 45 stars could be in a complete climax. It is also a rare design.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by axi; May 14, 2002, 04:46.
                                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                                George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X