No announcement yet.

Design the perfect EU flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that? A flock of birds flying into an airplane engine?

Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

• First idea:

Since the EU is a Union of independent states, like the United States is (or was...) I think many of the principles that went into making the US Flag should apply to the EU flag. Bars for the charter members and stars for current number of members. Add gold stars when new countries join.
      Attached Files
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Second Idea:

Big V looks kinda cool. Stands for Victory and Peace, good things for the EU to promote. Colors are colors seen often in EU member flags. Can add more stars in the middle and on bottom when more states join.
        Attached Files

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Big V?
          Isn't that from Commander Keen?
          It looks like a pro-palestine statement, no thanks, eurocoms flag would be the thing
          in that case.

for the first one, homewer.
          Last edited by RGBVideo; May 13, 2002, 02:29.

Comment

• i think the first one, Ozzy, looks very good, but I just KNOW 90% of Europe won't go for anything resembling our flag
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Question : Why not just leave the flag the way it is? Thus far I haven't seen anything I've preferred over the original. The original is tasteful and subdued... I like it

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
                Question : Why not just leave the flag the way it is? Thus far I haven't seen anything I've preferred over the original. The original is tasteful and subdued... I like it
                Yes, but have you seen the new 'barcode' edition?
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Wait... I thought that was only a suggestion?

Comment

• Why not just leave the flag the way it is?
                    Because Finland want's it own star :doitnow:

Comment

• *sigh* Well, I suppose the best thing to do then is simply put a map of Europe of all the current members... each time they add a country, just fill in the gap.

You can't just do it like the U.S. flag, of course, because all those stars in that big circle will look somewhat ugly.

Comment

• Why not leave the flag just as it is, BUT add 3 stars more?

Comment

• Well, the problem is that there may be more members later and then THEY have to have a star too... and like I said, you can have maybe fifteen stars in the circle and then it starts getting excessive... and I don't think putting them in rows on a blue background is very attractive either.

Comment

• (..)and I don't think putting them in rows on a blue background is very attractive either.
                            Aaargh! Flame! Spam! Troll! Flame! Spam! Troll! Rant!

I say we get the bar-code flag then!

Comment

• Uh oh... I broke Tuomerehu.

Comment

• what is the bar code flag?

Comment

Working...
                                X