America -- How Wil It End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It ain't over...

The US will be over when the infamous fat lady sings.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Sagacious Dolphin,
      you'll be happy though, all that beautifull Ocean to play in
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Hey, if California is 100 feet underwater...it's their loss, not ours
        -rmsharpe

Comment

• Rome (Western Empire) fell due to division of the Empire, the rise of the bureaucracy, the rise of "feudalism" and the decline of a monetary economy, incessant civil wars, and those pesky "immigrants," the Goths who actually had a military weapon the Romans could not match, heavy cavalry.

For America, I certainly see an increasing bureacracy as a threat sap our strength as once it did Rome. But I do not see the U.S. splitting in two or having the equivalent of a Goth army invade.

The real power of America lies in the fact that we are the leader of the free world. In any real war, the combined power the democracies of the world, united, is overwhelming. I see democracies spreading in the world, not receding. The power of the internet will keep this trend positive for some time to come.

At some time in the future, I see the United States morphing into a united world government where all member states are democracies. We have the EU doing this today. It is not a pipe dream.

Ned
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Well spoken, Ned.

I've not been on the OT much since that new forum section opened :: points in that general direction:: 's been keeping me pretty busy, but this thread caught my eye.

I have no doubts that America as we know it, will one day come to an end.

Will it come to an end because of political shenanigans? Doubtful. Our government is structured in such a way that would be tyrants and kingmakers can't get enough accomplished in two terms to allow that.

Will it end in a military takeover? Don't hold your breath. Even the combined might of the EU couldn't get enough people here to tame this big beast of a nation, and they (our friends) are our nearest viable contender.

Will corruption be our downfall? Maybe...but like all things, that is cyclical.

Disease? That's more disturbing, and in my mind, a greater risk than all the rest combined. But then, that is a global risk....

My hope is exactly as Ned has expressed...that democratic ideals will continue to spread, and one day we can all set nationalism down, and come together globally.

If that is what spells the end of America as we know it today, It will be a fine day indeed.

As to the rest...turn the page....we'll see.

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• How will it end?

[Kosh mode on] In Fire [Kosh Mode off]
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• and one day we can all set nationalism down, and come together globally
                we all wish. but i laughat such naive ideas. maybe 1 day the US government will stop stagnating our science as well

ummm. Approx 20-30years before all coastal cities(east and west) will be under 10-15feet of ocean and all the insurance companies are as sunk as the land This of course applies to all coastal countries, so maybe i've gone off-topic.
                i'm sure we'll plan for it maybe build neat little dams like in norther european country who's name escapes me. bye bye beaches though.

Also IF science Finally progresses a little more and advances become legal (i do not support cloning but it's a great example) we'll be able to put some colonies oin space. that would rock wouldn't it? I'd vbe the first 1 there. one day when im a Billionairee....
                Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

• USA!!!

USA!!!

Go away7 with your shedenfreude!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                    Obviously, America will fall one day when Novaya Russia, under Grigor II, invades Florida through Cuba.
                    Bwuhahahahaha. Right into the Everglades.

Comment

• yopiu rawk, ned!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X