Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America -- How Wil It End?

Rome? Sic transit gloria mundi

Byzantium? "Istanbul was Constantinople/Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople"

The British Empire? "We're juuuuuuuust anuuuuuuuuuther cuuuuuuuuuuuun-try"

Nothing lasts forever. So, any speculation on what the decline and fall of the American Empire will look like, and what will be left in it's wake?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Are you that guy who posted the same at the EU boards Post-1819 history forums?

Comment

Comment

First, what do you consider as part of the 'empire', as opposed to the 'nation'?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

nation - 50 states + dc

empire - all b!tches, puppets, and evil dictators that profite from you guys

Comment

America will fall when the world explodes.

Comment

One day you'll kill UBL's teddy bear. Then he'll go mad and the US will cease to exist.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                Are you that guy who posted the same at the EU boards Post-1819 history forums?
                Nope, just a bored guy killing time over lunch.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Wrong. America will fall when America explodes.

Comment

Which will occur at about the same time that the rest of the world explodes.

Seriously, I don't think America can ever really fall. Unlike Rome, we can't be weakened internally nearly as much, and tactically, a military takeover is nigh impossible.

We have so much technology, so much power over the world market, and our fingers in everything and everyone we can possibly hang onto...I seriously think that acts of God are all we have to fear...

Comment

We should just let them believe all that. That belief alone makes them weak.

You will fall when the rest of the world stops talking and trading with you.

Comment

That won't happen. Thank you, globalization.

Comment

It wil. Thank you, unilateral American foreign policies and stupid American people actually voting for Republican presidency candidates.

Comment

I only do so because my alternative is to vote for the Democrat ones.

I'll grant you that we just can't seem to get a decent leader around here anymore...

Comment

although nobody wants to admit it, this country will disintegrate from internal strife. When "United we stand" is no longer the motto and minorities become greater than "natives" or at least homogenized, it will happen.

So in fact, it is not unlike Rome after all.
                              I hate Civ3!

Comment

Working...
                              X